PDA

View Full Version : egt + boost install

NEW2DMAX
11-13-2005, 17:20
Please advise -- I have mounted the EGT t/c pre turbo on the passenger side used a vaccum during the drilling process and grease on the pipe tap while cutting the treads removing and cleaning shavings off of the tap 3 or 4 times. Now where is a good location to get the turbo boost psi ("01" 2500HD)

Tough Guy
11-13-2005, 20:08
With an LB7 you just need to tee into the hose that is connected to the wastegate.

Typically a great way to keep shavings out of the exhaust manifold is to drill and tap with the engine running....it blows nearly all debris out during the process.

For more info look HERE (http://www.thedieselpage.com/reviews/gauges2005.htm)

Chris

NEW2DMAX
11-14-2005, 16:27
Tough Guy,
Just to be sure, is the wastegate actuator located on the left side of turbo and supply/control connected by the rubber hose to the right discharge air manifold? Do I need to tee into the rubber hose which looks to be 6-8inches long. Approx. half inch in diameter?

Tough Guy
11-14-2005, 19:18
I don't have my install pix handy but yes I believe you are correct sir.

Chris

mhagie
11-15-2005, 10:05
Want to install egt and boost gauges on my 02 will probably use the 2 gauge pillar mount, where can one find the paint to match? I don't want to buy a whole quart just for the dinky little mount.
Mine is the dark gray same as MP.
Merle

Tough Guy
11-15-2005, 18:22
I'm not sure, I know on the Diesel Stop.com (Ford Site) some of the advertisers there sell pods already loaded with guages and painted per your interior color code...

I maybe would look at TS performance (an advertiser here) as they also participate on the Ford forum...

Chris