PDA

View Full Version : What's SOL?

Randee of the Redwoods
12-15-2003, 14:45
We all know it when it is what we ARE. But what does it mean in my fusebox? I have a 5 amp fuse markd SOL I believe. It is hot in start and run and I am tapping it's protected side to power my X-monitor(oo oo oo, remind me to get you the final pictures of my custom intsall). It seems to work fine there, but twice lately the SES light has flickered, and I mean flickered. It flickered so quickly the first time I thought it was just a reflection off my specs(I was driving at night). But it did happend again during daylight. I forgot to check for codes today. I'll do that tomorrow.
So what is the SOL fuse, if I'm reading that fusebox right? Would tapping it's curcuit now be the cause of my flickering SES light? The SES light never flickered until AFTER I powered it up.
I'm just shooting blanks here to get ideas for when I do run the codes. I'll also be moving the Xmonitor tap to the protected side of the radio fuse just to be safe(something about the Xmonitor not always likeing being active during start).

ucdavis
12-15-2003, 15:52
SOL is when your 6.5 pulls an extreme case of the "Stalls" 650 miles deep into Mexico, and the Chevy dealer in La Paz, when asked about electronic diesel injection, tells you "We never sell that sh*t down here; it never work too good."
If I were in need of a firmer definition of SOL, I'd try pulling the fuse & see what cuts out. If the engine dies, it's probably the Shut Off solenoid (but I'll be dipped if I can come up with a good L word).

gmctd
12-15-2003, 17:11
Had to strike that - I'm working off my hybrid system, as usual.

It's the EGR and Wastegate SOLenoid @ 5amps.

The F/SOL is 20 amps for the FUEL SOLENOID.

Don't know why it's throwing errors, but may be a connection problem with the add-on you're using.

[ 12-15-2003, 04:27 PM: Message edited by: gmctd ]

G B Sisson
12-15-2003, 23:00
U C Davis,The 'L' is for 'Lectricity