PDA

View Full Version : SES light on

Cobra-R
01-10-2003, 21:06
I know this has been discussed and I did a search, but found nothing new on the subject.

Has anything been figured out with the ses light coming on from plugging the engine heater yet? My light has been coming on and it sure would be nice to get it taken care of other than to quit using the block heater.

Thanks, Brian

dschultz
01-10-2003, 21:22
There is a ECM update that will correct the false code issue that appears to set when using the block heater. My dealer wanted to replace the Fuel Return Temperature Sensor but I convinced him to check for updates first. I haven't tried to re-create the error code but I am glad the ECM got upgraded.

Probably should go to the GM vehicle calibration info site. (forgot the URL, but a search here should turn it up)

Dave

VA_Dmax
01-27-2003, 16:30
Does anyone know what temperature the block heater is supposed to bring the coolant to? I had mine plugged in for 4 plus hours the other morning and it did seem to start a little better, but the temperature gauge didnt register above the 160 degree mark as usual. Does it not heat the coolant past 160 degrees?

403turbo
01-27-2003, 17:30
I have noticed that my SES will come on if I am running highway speeds and climbing hills.

Loaded/unloaded doesn't matter and this is with juice 3.61c level 1 or 4......doesn't matter. It only happens if the tranny holds 5th gear and you can hear the turbo spool up. I am thinking over-boost.....if there is such a thing...... :confused:

Anyone heard of or had this problem?

Kennedy
01-27-2003, 18:10
Look into this:

Decreased Engine Performance/Power, Filter Minder Indicator On, Possible MIL Illuminated and DTC P0101/P0103 Set (Replace AIr Cleaner/Reprogram ECM) #01-06-04-050 - (10/19/2001)

This is the old 2001 Snorkel restriction bulletin. Whether you've had this one done or not, it could be that the programming part was missed...

TooMuchMuscle
01-27-2003, 18:37
Vehicle Calibration site:

http://vci.ecomm.gm.com/vci/

DMAXED
01-28-2003, 19:14
403turbo

I had the same problem with my 01 it sets a proformance code turbo charger over boost I talked to aaron and he told me it was a problem with 01's no fix.

403turbo
01-28-2003, 20:33
Thanks everyone.

I thought I had heard of an overboost code......but that was when I was just a TDP watcher..........before I owned one!

The first couple times I saw it happen I almost wet my pants......but every truck has its "character" and that little quirk is mine......I will be taking the truck in for its 50K fluid changes so maybe I'll have the stealer check the codes......at the same time I was planning on pulling the juice and sending it to JK for an upgrade.....I'll have to watch it and see if it happens sans juice..........

Thanks all! :cool: