PDA

View Full Version : one for madmatt

MIKE MOG
02-23-2005, 14:55
HI MADMATT, LOOKING FOR A SCANNER THAT WOULD BE INEXPENSIVE BUT GOOD FOR THE ROAD. IM A MASTER TECH AT A CADDY DEALER HERE IN CLEVELAND OHIO. I USE THE TECH 2 AT WORK BUT DONT WANT TO SPEND$ 2500.00 ON A NEW ONE, I WOULD LIKE TO FIND SOMETHING I CAN CARRY IN THE TRUCK THAT IS SMALL AND LIGHT. WE DO ALOT OF CAMPING OUT OF STATE AND I WAS WONDERING IF YOU HEARD OF SOMETHING OUT ON THE MARKET FOR 6600"S AND ALLISONS. I WAS GOING TO CHECK WITH THE MATCO MAN ON FRIDAY BUT I THOUGHT I WOULD BLOW IT BY YOU FIRST.
MIKE

madmatt
02-23-2005, 19:52
Try OTC. They make a software and adaptor kit for PDAs that you can read codes and some data w/ and I think that goes for about three bills and then what ever you have $$$wise in you PDA. I've got a CAT program in my palm that I belive is made by OTC and it works real well. Also thay have the Pro-Link. It's a dated design but has proved it's capable and usefull. I understand they now offer light duty cards for it although I've not used them. It is used a lot in heavy duty truck shops where many different engine mfgs are serviced.

MIKE MOG
02-24-2005, 13:15
THANKS MADMATT, I WILL GET ONE.
MIKE

madmatt
02-24-2005, 16:56
don't just take my word for it though. do some research and ask them some questions. When you get what you want, let me know how it works . I haven't got a chance to try either one on light duty applications.

crew84
02-24-2005, 19:52
I just bought the Autoenginuity system from autoenginuity.com. I bought it to use with my PC. It came with cable and plugin adapter. I paid for the enhancement software to check the extra functions that go beyond the drive train.

jbplock
02-26-2005, 04:42
Crew84,

Thanks for the tip on the www.autoenginuity.com (http://www.autoenginuity.com) scan tool! http://forum.thedieselpage.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif Looking at their website it appears that with the GM enhancement package it can do most, if not all, the Duramax fuel system functions like read balance rates and disable individual injectors... also has transmission functions. Have you tried any of these with yours? Since I only use my Predator for diagnostics (no tunes) I

crew84
02-26-2005, 06:30
I have not used it yet on my truck. I just got an USB to serial cable adapter for my Apple Powerbook so I could hook it up. I am first going to use it on my wife's car. She has the SES light on which went off after a while and now back on. I wanted it's versatility to use between the vehicles.

jbplock
02-26-2005, 10:48
Originally posted by crew84:
I have not used it yet on my truck..I am first going to use it on my wife's car.Good deal! Let us know how it goes... smile.gif

MIKE MOG
02-26-2005, 14:19
THANK MADMATT, IM GOING TO CHECK WITH THE TOOL GUYS AND FIND OUT SOME OF THERE PRICES. I HAVE ACCESS TO THE TECH 2 AT WORK BUT WANTED SOMETHING INEXPENSIVE TO CARRY IN THE RIG. I WAS GOING TO GET SOMETHING TO JUST READ CODES BUT I THINK IM GOING TO TRY TO GET 1 THAT READS DATA ALSO.
MIKE