PDA

View Full Version : Observations First Fuel Filter Change

Black95TD
11-18-2005, 03:10
After reading of the problems with filters etc., I changed the fuel filter on my 05 LLY the other day at 5K + I removed the filter full of fuel - loosened it up with a strap wrench and snaked it up past AC lines without spilling any fuel. Drained contents out of bottom through drain into a clean, clear plastic baking pan. At first, I could not see anything other than clean slightly golden colored fuel. Upon very close examination, I could see some very small particles an about 3 very small(and I mean VERY small) brownish colored droplets (water I presume). This once again confirms my decision to only buy fuel at my 2 local suppliers where I know the owners and am confident of their quality. It costs me 10 - 20 cents per gallon ($2.87 right now) over the cheapest fuel around but in my opinion worth the price. Buying fuel out on the road - now there's the challenge!
By the way, WHAT A GREAT MOTOR!

Will Bonner
11-18-2005, 04:08
I buy my fuel from places that truckers buy(40 mile round trip) or from places that have a lot of business from local companies. The 40 mile round trip usually amounts to 20-30 cents a gallon savings. I don't think you will ever get water free fuel.

bcnqrgd
11-18-2005, 23:55
At only 109,000 miles. I've never seen water in the fuel filter of my truck. On the other hand it's never been east of Utah...

My Bounder diesel MH that preceeded this truck occasionaly had a few drops in the see-through Racor filter, again only in the western states and Alaska and Canada.