PDA

View Full Version : thinking of a 06 duramax

hapaschold
11-18-2005, 15:06
thinking of a 06 duramax,, cc again, saw a black beauty on way home the other nite, but was wondering if the injector issues have been solved. i went thru all heck with my 01 and a bit shy to try again. but the crew cab rode soooo nice. also any more problems with fuel system freeze ups ? happened to me several times once temps dropped below 20... thanks for the input!!!!

More Power
11-20-2005, 12:32
The LLY injector issues are much more rare than the LB7, so... the LBZ should be OK.

Fuel gelling.... The fuel filter assembly includes an electric fuel heater than automatically energizes when temps drop below +20F, which should prevent much of the problem with gelling.

I've never experienced fuel gelling here in Montana in any of the GM diesel pickups I've owned over the past 19+ years (6.2/6.5/Duramax). I've driven in temps as low as -30F (only when I absolutely had to) without a problem.

Jim

hapaschold
11-21-2005, 01:44
thanks for info, i think my gel up s occured in the small cooling coil along the frame rail i guess for fuel cooling in the summer. when i took the filter out, nothing there, empty and no gel, and i could nt get fuel to filter

is the small radiator still used ?

Kennedy
11-21-2005, 12:55
The fuel cooler is on the return side. If you are gelling at 20

hapaschold
11-22-2005, 02:58
the strange part of my gelling story is, before the duramax i ran a ford psd van (and current 04 6.0 psd van) with same fuel up stop. never had problems with gelling, and other odd part is in the duramax fuel filter housing would get brown water globby looking stuff, but in the powerstrokes, nothing like that. i guess either the ford filters didnt separate as well and crap went thru injectors ??

tully_mars
11-23-2005, 07:15
I would hold off till the new 6-speed Allisons have the bugs worked out. It seems mine has some bugs.

I just posted over in the Engine and Drivetrain, but my Allison is throwing a code that Chevy can't figure out. It is apparent to me that I have an unproven truck with the 6-speed.

Tully Mars

hapaschold
11-24-2005, 02:47
bugs, as my torqueshift tranny in the 6.0 van, still has some weird shift patterns at time.

i m thinking anyway to hold off till mid 06,hopefully they have them figured out.