PDA

View Full Version : I Hate "Waiting for the Juice"

afp
01-13-2003, 20:59
I have had my 02 for about 8 months, and I am still taken with it! I have had the Juice on it for several months, and love the ways it drives with the Juice. The engine runs the way it was designed to run with Juice on level 4.

Anyway, I use this truck everyday, and I wind up making a lot of short trips. I find each morning, I stare at the temp gauge anxiously awaitng 180 degrees and Juice activation. I "worry" about some rice burner, Mustang, CTD, PSD coming along and challenging me before I have Juice.

Anyone else have this "problem?"

Blaine

mackin
01-13-2003, 21:30
Use'ta,now I have High Idle........
After a 5 min or so warup in driveway,I'm off....
By the time I get out of DD drive through which is right around the courner,I got heat......Look out,asphalt !!!!!! This time off the year it's tough to get some tranny temp tho even with grill cover on.....

MAC

TN farmer
01-13-2003, 21:35
afp, I find myself doing the same thing since the temp. has changed. It also made me realize how hard I was driving both this truck and previous ones before they had warmed up. I also looked to see if you could block part of the radiator with cardboard to speed up the process but could not see an easy way to do this. I am thinking of installing the high idle on my truck and see how much that will help.

motovet
01-14-2003, 00:17
An exhaust brake will give you a fast warm up.Just fire it up and engage the brake...minutes later it's go time!

Kennedy
01-14-2003, 08:49
Ditto on the exhaust brake! I've seen approx 150

MountainMax
01-14-2003, 10:33
And I thought you were talking about hitting happy hour.

Yeah, I have the same affliction. Even though I'm working in Houston right now, my wife is really proud of the way I properly warm up the truck. ( I go out and start it 10 mins. before leaving the house) Seems as how the onset of cold weather and the date I got the juice are about the same. Little does she know. :D