PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Filter again.

David Proske
04-23-2003, 20:39
What micron rating is the stock DMax filter? What micron rating was the stock 6.5 filter?

I always ran a little 2 cycle oil in my 6.5, seemed to run a little smoother. Will 2 cycle oil clogg a stock DMax filter or a 2 micron add on?

jbplock
04-24-2003, 05:28
David,

I also ran 2 cycle oil in my 6.5 and have continued with the Duramax. I've been adding about 4oz of 2-cycle oil and 4oz of Stanadyne Performance formula to my tank at each fill-up (10-15gal) since new (6.8kmi) with no problems. I'm not a chemist but believe that the 2-cycle oil molecules are smaller than 2 microns.

Regarding fuel filter ratings, a search through the forum fuel filter threads will yield a lot of info. For the 6.5, I seem to remember the stanadyne filter was 5 micron (not sure of the efficiency at 5). Regarding the Dmax OEM filter, hear is a quote from a post by member RACOR (employee of RACOR):

"1. All DMAX filters are made by Racor. Period.

2. All DMAX filters have Aquabloc media rated at four (4) microns at 98% efficiency or better.

3. DMAX filters exceed Bosch's specs. (We talk to Bosch on this subject) They remove 100% of free water."

http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=004373&p=7
smile.gif

mackin
04-24-2003, 17:07
jbplock

4) all them little air bubbles associated with diesel fuel keep on trucking .....

MAC :D :D :D

jbplock
04-24-2003, 20:50
MAC, LOL :D :D :D

I wonder if GM, RACOR and/or BOSCH has a position on air passing through the pump and injectors? Do they think it causes problems? Seems like our system is prone to passing air. :eek:

txguppy
04-24-2003, 20:59
I thought my system was the only one passing gas. :eek: :eek: Glad to hear ya'lls are doing it too. :D :D
txguppy

Jomar
04-24-2003, 22:18
Txguppy, I can sure verify that your system certainly does pass the gas !!! WHEEE !!

Jomar