PDA

View Full Version : Oil Leaking from Lower Right Intercooler Tubing

mcmonroe
02-25-2005, 19:44
I have read the TSB's about "oil being in the intercooler" etc as being normal -- but I find that a new $48,000 vehicle/truck that drips oil all over my garage floor to be unacceptable.

Frankly I find oil getting circulated through the intercooler as being unacceptable too. It has to hurt the effeciency of the cooler.

I guess I am stuck with it but I dont have to like it. I had a 2001 5.3 Z71 that I traded with 60,000 miles and it didnt drip a single drop of oil and cost just at $10,000 less that ths D/A.

Is it just me or would anyone else be irritated with a new $48,000 vehicle that dripped oil all over the place?

Mark

More Power
02-26-2005, 11:19
Yes, an oil film inside the intercooler has to have some slight effect on cooling efficiency, but was necessary to comply with the new emissions regs (recycling crankcase gases).

You may need to tighten some IC clamps.... smile.gif

MP

OC_DMAX
02-26-2005, 15:05
Wonder if there is a way to install the LB7 crankcase breather tube on the LLY block?

mcmonroe
03-13-2005, 14:40
Here is an update for anyone that might be interested...

I took my 2004.5 LLY D/A into the dealer and had them do the clamp tighten/seal the hose with sealer routine in the lower right intercooler tubing where the oil leaks. This was a couple of weeks ago.

I crawl under the truck to the change the oil and its already leaking again. It has made a nice mess on the frame rail, the wheel well, and its starting to blow back onto the front right suspension components now.

I sent an e-mail via the GM web site expressing my concerns over this truck in general with the continued LLY injector problems, steering shalf clunking issues, and now the oil leak. A fellow called me back and is going to look into things and call me back Tuesday.

Arrrggg...

Mark
2004.5 LLY D/A CC

madmatt
03-13-2005, 14:56
whats the "continued" LLY injector problem?

CHVYMAN#9
03-15-2005, 19:55
Have your dealer remove the hose and apply sealer per. the bulletin that is out for this. this should take care of the problem.

VT_mountain_man
03-16-2005, 20:34
I sent an e-mail via the GM web site expressing my concerns over this truck in general with the continued LLY injector problems, steering shalf clunking issues, and now the oil leak. A fellow called me back and is going to look into things and call me back Tuesday.

Sounds like you need to try a new Dealer as your
problems are not getting fixed by the dealer your using.