PDA

View Full Version : 5 inch exhaust

David Proske
02-28-2005, 02:15
Anyone put a full 5 inch exhaust on their Dmax? I am looking at one in the Jegs catalog that is 5 inch after the downpipe.

How much louder are they than a 4 inch system with a free flowing muffler?

Anyone have expierence with the 4 or 5 inch systems sold by Jegs?

MIKE WIENER
02-28-2005, 18:20
I called Jegs on the 4". I Wanted to know how load it was also. The girl on the phone said that one of the guys there had the 4" on a dodge at it was load in side the truck. I passed on it and whent with the banks. The rep. from Banks stated it was not to load but it was loader than stock. It is not bad at all no drown. Banks even invited me down to there place to go for a drive in a truck. I have to say I did not buy it derict. I went mail order even with shiping was less than an were local.

MIKE

Kennedy
02-28-2005, 18:51
Audio clips in a post from BMDMAX as well as dyno charts on my site.

BMDMAX
03-01-2005, 10:25
I love the way the KD 4/5 system sounds. You can hear it roaring pretty good in this drag race clip of the LLY on my site:

www.bmdmax.com/downloads/lly.mpg (http://www.bmdmax.com/downloads/lly.mpg)

Jim Brzozowski
03-03-2005, 09:51
That does sound good!!!!!!!! Looks like you were trying to cut the tree a little close on that run, or did it creep on you in the lights?

BMDMAX
03-03-2005, 11:17
No creep, I just got a little aggressive on the tree. tongue.gif I need a bit more practice launching the LLY. :D

David Proske
03-03-2005, 19:51
I was curious how a FULL 5" system sounds. As in 5" from the downpipe flange. I have been told these are louder than a 4". I would probably run the 5" straight through.

The funny thing about this is that I am looking for something louder than my stock exhaust with stright pipe. My neighbor got a 1500 Ram Hemi with what sounds like open exhaust. I figgure if I have to listen to his truck rattle my windows all hours of the day and night he can listen to mine :mad: