PDA

View Full Version : bilstein shocks void warranty??

billsMax
11-23-2005, 08:56
Talking with sevice dept at my chevy dealer and mentioned I was getting ready to put Bilstein shocks on my 2005 2500 duramax and he warned me this would void my warranty for any suspension issue. Has anyone heard this before?

Jim Brzozowski
11-23-2005, 09:02
BS

Dmcfishing
11-23-2005, 16:45
Purchased & installed by dealer.

02 DMAX/ALL, 3500, 4wd,
AMSOIL(all fluids syn.),remote/bypass,
Mega fuel filter, Edge/Banks exhaust.

Kennedy
11-24-2005, 05:26
If your dealer is that anal/stupid, I'd suggest finding a new dealer. The only thing that would not be warranted by GM is the Bilstein shocks.

Fact is, 90's Z-71 trucks used Bilsteins from the factory...

billsMax
11-24-2005, 05:52
Thanks for the replies.
John, I'll be on your website to order these
Bill

cowboywildbill
11-24-2005, 08:18
I had a parts counter person at a Chevy dealer tell me that my aftermarket power heated mirrors would void my warranty for my total electrical system. And that my Banks exhaust would void my engine warranty. But when I pressed the issue with the service writer, he said it wouldn't void anything in the warranty unless either item caused the problem. And that they wouldn't warranty the aftermarket items, which I wouldn't expect them to. He did say that some dealers would run the VIN and see what options were on the vehicle from the factory, and would not work on the truck until any items that were not from the factory at delivery were removed from the truck before service, and it didn't matter if they were GM parts or not. If you run into that kind of a dealer "RUN DON'T WALK". That is just the type of dealer that would Void your warranty with GM and mess up any warranty work no matter what dealer you go.
Ask around and find a good dealer. It makes all of the difference in the world. And if you are running any kind of power enhancement,take it off before you go in for work, and leave it at home. I've heard about a dealer that went into the glove box and found the Edge directions and paperwork and tried to deny warranty on a NSB switch. The owner finally prevailed, but not without much grief. Don't give them any excuse not to perform the work. And it doesn't hurt to tip the technician either, if they do a good job. Then if and when you go in for service the next time, they will look forward to working on your vehicle. I ask for the same tech and they usually let him do the work.

Timstoy
11-27-2005, 03:29
I was in a GMC dealership yesterday in PHX and they had a new 2006 Envoy Denali in the show room. I was reading the list of equipment on the window which included Bilstein shocks as standard equipment.
TH

Inspector
11-28-2005, 19:51
My 02 Envoy SLT came equipped with Bilistins as well.
Denny