PDA

View Full Version : Haul'n Through The Smokies

Bulldogger
04-25-2003, 16:04
I bought the truck in Florida. I traded my 8.1 C/C Dually. First diesel ever! I towed with 475 miles on it from Florida to NY and wasn't that impressed. Truck down shifted at 65mph through the Virgina-Maryland area on I-95 and the truck really wouldn't accelerate uphill, very different then the 8.1, which would downshift and scream its lungs out. Anyway, I Juiced it L-2, put the Amsiol air filter in, and an ATS duall exhaust. Holly Crap! This thing hauled ass from NY to the top of the Smokie Mountains in Tennessee without a single down shift and power to spare. I was able to accelerate uphills to the point where the wife gave one of those slow the #@%$ down. Absolutely amazing. Info part: in juice L-2, truck on board computer is off by 3mpg. It states 13mpg and actally yields 10mpg. In juice L-1 mpg is off by 2. Most importantly, thank you to John Kennedy for the guages and Mega filter and info on the Juice. Thanks to M-drag for the placement info on the guage, and to every one else for the wealth of info on these pages. You truely have made towing fun. Oh yeah, the camper is a 31 foot Newmar 5th wheel loaded weight 11000 lbs.

stillracing
04-25-2003, 22:03
Are you considering a 56 gallon fuel tank. I think for some trips it would be nice. I think it is a lot of money for the few times it may pay. Plus how long does fuel keep. Is the larger tank more susceptable to water condensation.

Sounds like you are having lots of fun.

Bulldogger
04-26-2003, 11:42
Stillracing, I'm pretty happy with the tank in the dually. At this point I'm running 250 miles before fuel stops. Thats about 3.5 hours and all the kids can go without bathroom breaks, and leg stretching. :D Dave