PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Drone At 57-58 MPH

Roy W
11-24-2005, 18:26
A while back, someone posted that they had an exhaust drone in a stock exhaust system at 57-58 mph. It was also mentioned that there might have been a TSB on it. I have this same droning noise. Does anyone know what the TSB number is? Has anyone had it done, and what did they do?

Deansel
11-25-2005, 12:06
I have that problem - not aware of any TSB though. I will call my dealer and see what I can find out.

Deansel
11-25-2005, 12:28
I talked to the service dept. and there is a TSB for the exhaust but, the description I got is somewhat different. It is for the exhaust vibration at 900 to 1200 RPM's under load. There is a service kit that uses a flexible coupler to eliminate the vibration.

Mine occurs at about 1750 RPM's - right at typical cruising speed for me. I get the sound between 55 and 60 mph.

The service dept. will check it out when I take it in for service. I will report back when I know more.

Bunkboy
11-28-2005, 11:48
I have the same problem but mine is really bad in 4 hi. Had it at dealer last winter to no avail. I will be back this winter and won't be going away til I get some answers and resolution.

Due to many other issues this might be my last GM product... Considering I have only owned GM products including corvettes GM better smarten up!!!