PDA

View Full Version : SEAT BELT AND DOOR CHIMES

DIESEL/VETTE
06-24-2004, 13:23
Can the seat belt and door chimes be turned off, or turned down.

DmaxMaverick
06-24-2004, 16:24
Yes.

Some of the features can be adjusted by you, some need a Tech-II. Read the owner's manual. If its not in there, see the dealer. Most dealers will do it as a courtesy. Same goes for the really bright high beam indicator.

Dan Herr
06-29-2004, 14:07
I have asked and my dealer has said that it is not possible to disable the door chimes.

Can you provide more detailed guidance that I can pass along to my dealer?

Or is there a chime wire going into the radio that can be disconnected?

DmaxMaverick
06-30-2004, 00:59
With a Tech-II, the chime can be lessened, but to my knowledge, not muted. The dealer can do it, if they want to. If they don't feel like it, can't help you there. Check with other dealers.

The dealer needs to access the BCM features in the Tech-II. From there, they can lower the volume of the chime(s). If the tech says he can't, he needs to read the book, or complete the third grade (whichever applies).

Colorado Kid
06-30-2004, 10:47
If you have the Driver Informatin Center and Steering Wheel controls you can switch between the two avaiable volume levels yourself. On my Father-in-law's 2500HD however I found that the choice is between way too loud and MUCH LOUDER. :eek: :rolleyes: :mad:

He doesn't want to loose the headlights on chime, the "you left your turn signal on, dummy" chime and the "Let off the parking brake, dummy" chime, so he won't let me pursue killing the chimes completely. It would seem that there would have to be a "Chime" wire going to the radio head unit, but given the multiplexed electrical system it is probably the anti-theft wire, and cutting it will kill the whole head unit or some such. :rolleyes:

We just want to be able to configure it so the #$&*& dinging will quit when we're hitching/leveling/backing the trailer. The thing complains about everything and you can't hear your spotter unless the door is closed, the brake is off, the seatbelt is on etc.