PDA

View Full Version : New user: please help for leakage problem at valve cover

Felix
11-25-2005, 02:21
Hi friends,
yes I am new in this forum. My name is Felix and nearly one year ago I imported a Duramax from Canada (100kmiles + camper Adventurer 810WS).
Here in Germany are only very, very few Duramax, so I feel quite alone, like on an island, because here is NO GM-service.
Now I get my first problem:

I am very alarmed for the leakage of oil at the driver side of my valve cover.
It seems to be at all 4 points where the fuel tubes go into the head gasket cover (valves).
Can any body explain what the cause of that leakage could be ??
The side of the engine block and downside, all is pretty wet of oil (doesn't seem fuel).
The engine does NOT make oil and runs perfect.
I do n o t want to think in bad injectors........................
that would be the end -- here in Germany..........!!
Thanks for all advices,
best regards from Germany
Felix
here the pics (hope, that upload is successfull)
http://www.agel.net/Download/IMG_0558b.JPG
http://www.agel.net/Download/IMG_0559b.JPG

CHVYMAN#9
11-27-2005, 06:44
Hello Felix, I would try to clean the entire area first with a cleaner like brakleen that dries fast and blow dry with air. Then I would change the oil with filter with 10quarts 15/40 non-synthetic oil(doesn't tend to leak like synthetic). Then drive it and pin-point where leak is comming from. They sometimes seap oil at the seals where injector lines enter the valve covers. This is however way above oil level and shouldn't leak much. The seals are replaceable but care MUST be taken to get all dirt out of injector's and clean the lines where they seal at the injectors BEFORE reinstalling them or you will cause an injector failure. You may want to check the history to see if any body was in there before(i.e. to do injectors)as the could have got a seal out of place or bad sealer seal of upper valve cover. Good Luck. I wouln't worry about it too bad unless it leaking badly to cause drips-sweat isn't bad.

Felix
11-27-2005, 10:34
Thank you very much Chvyman, you helped me very much. I will try it as you told me :)