PDA

View Full Version : Blocked EGR ??

96ccdd
03-02-2005, 05:12
Is it such a big deal the the EGR vlv should be blocked off ? At another site it appears to be a big deal. Also what's the deal with the finger stick ??

oyazi
03-02-2005, 10:44
Wish someone would come up with a finger stick for a CA LB7. So far, its for the LLY only. Supposedly it increase mileage slightly, reduces/eliminates reintroduction of particulates into the intake ~

[ 03-02-2005, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: oyazi ]

Madd Max
03-02-2005, 11:57
You judge for yourself. The EGR circulates burnt fuel (SOOT) back through your intake and runs it through the combustion process a second time. This results in soot build up inside your engine, makes your oil dirtier faster. It's debatable that more soot in your oil would cause any more wear. Myself I don't like all that crap running thru my engine. You may see minor benefits in a little quicker turbo spool up and your motor being quieter at idle. These are my assesments. And after seeing pictures of an intake after only 5000mi with about as 1/8 inch of soot build up. I will leave mine blocked.
The finger stick was developed by a fella (very smart fella), called Fingers he figured out a circut that would keep CA/NE emissions trucks from throwing codes and tripping the SES light when running with free flowing exhaust and no cat. It also prevents codes from being thrown on any LLY motor when blocking the EGR. From what I understand the fingerstick fools the ECM by altering the signal sent by the MAF sensor to the ECM. This is my understanding from doing a lot of reading.

Dennis

Texasdeere
03-02-2005, 12:27
Madd Max,

Where can I find or buy a "finger stick"?

How does one go about disabling the EGR on an LLY?

Sorry, new truck, and lots of questions.

Texasdeere
03-02-2005, 15:56
No Worries, I found what I needed on the EGR & Fingerstick

Doorman
03-03-2005, 07:28
How about helping the rest of us in finding this info. Thanx

tatkinson
03-05-2005, 13:46
Doorman, I googled "duramax diesel forum" followed the 4th link and then did a search for "finger stick." You'll need a full glass of whatever you're drinking a good bit of time to get through it all......

96ccdd
03-06-2005, 05:38
Doorman,

Shoot me a e-mail and I will send it to you, the forum keeps blocking the web address.

MDJJ57@aol.com