PDA

View Full Version : speed loader problem on a banks "six gun"

potterj
11-26-2005, 08:55
Bought a used six gun and speed loader from a buddy that went an lb7 to an lly. Have problem with six gun not reading the speed loader. Have gone through the sequence over and over and over and over again.
Have checked the speed loader and wiring with a volt meter for a short circuit. Six gun reads when its not there and flashes a code.
Don't have pyro gauge or boost guage hooked up yet (pyro is installed and connected to six gun).
Banks told me to check speed loader for short cicuit. Did that. Banks said to disconnect it and look for reading on six gun indicating its not there. Did that too.

Any help grealy appreciated, before I send it off to banks for a repair. Also, it ran fine in my buddies truck, thats why I bought it.

Tough Guy
11-26-2005, 11:26
I installed one of those one time and remember it being a little difficult to get the proper sequence too...

In my case we didn't have wire hooked up correctly going to the TCM.

You need to start from the beginning and go over every single connection.

Chris

potterj
11-26-2005, 13:50
Originally posted by twobits:
Bought a used six gun and speed loader from a buddy that went an lb7 to an lly. Have problem with six gun not reading the speed loader. Have gone through the sequence over and over and over and over again.
Have checked the speed loader and wiring with a volt meter for a short circuit. Six gun reads when its not there and flashes a code.
Don't have pyro gauge or boost guage hooked up yet (pyro is installed and connected to six gun).
Banks told me to check speed loader for short cicuit. Did that. Banks said to disconnect it and look for reading on six gun indicating its not there. Did that too.

Any help grealy appreciated, before I send it off to banks for a repair. Also, it ran fine in my buddies truck, thats why I bought it.