PDA

View Full Version : Injectors Bad ???

BowTieDmax
03-04-2005, 05:51
Well I have 108,000 miles on my d-max and making my 45 mile drive to work this morning I noticed that after about 20 miles I went from a 3/4 tank of fuel to 1/4 tank. Then I also noticed my oil pressure was down to about 10 lbs at 2,000 rpm. When I got off at my exit all I smelt was fuel but I drove the next 1 1/2 to work.
When I got there I had fuel all over the underside of the truck, and driping off the back bumper. I checked the oil ands its just clear fuel on the stick.
I called the dealer that replaced my cousin 2003 injectors ( 30,000) miles and he said he knows that the warrenty is good till 200,000 but he needs to find out for sure. Is there any bullentin number that I can tell him to find the warranty info? And is GM paying for a loaner car yet?
And he did a quick check for injectors and said there is none avalible. Does anyone know if the supply is caught up yet?
Thanks,
Paul

jbplock
03-04-2005, 07:05
Originally posted by BowTieDmax:
... I called the dealer that replaced my cousin 2003 injectors ( 30,000) miles and he said he knows that the warrenty is good till 200,000 but he needs to find out for sure. Is there any bullentin number that I can tell him to find the warranty info? Paul,

Sorry to hear about your troubles :( ... See the following article in the member's area for more info on the extended warranty on injectors.

<a href="http://www.thedieselpage.com/duramax/lb7injectorwarranty.htm" target="_blank">2001/02 Chevy/GMC Duramax 6600
Injector Warranty Extension</a>.