PDA

View Full Version : Turbo bark, edge juice, BS, and now loss of power

threeman
11-27-2005, 06:21
Well I was pleased with the juice on level 2 while towing. Driving around I have tried the level 3. It worked for awhile. Now I have a loss of power whenever I go to level 3. Any suggestions? Whenever it happens you can maintain barely the speed you were at but if you try to accelerate it will die very quickly. No bucking jumping or skipping just slows down if you push the accelerator. I had to unplug the egr because of the boost stick and juice. Is there any solution to that other than blocking it or keeping it unplugged?

Kennedy
11-27-2005, 06:53
Any codes set?

You could be punishing the Allison a bit with the power. The BS REALLY wakes up the Juice/EZ boxes which could be exceeding your holding capacity. I'd suggest sticking to level 1 and scan for any codes. Just because there is no SES light doesn't mean there aren't codes.

When it does this try shifting to N and back to D and see if it resets itself. No need to stop.

threeman
11-27-2005, 13:39
Thanks for the reply. I hate to sound like a smart a$$ but the juice being on level 2 or level three driving around and not towing is a problem? That is why I bought it?

More Power
11-27-2005, 15:01
Unless you're running the truck at the track/sled pull or doing 1/4-mile stuff, you should be able to run (non-towing) at any level....

Like JK mentioned, you should scan for codes. Also, I'd be inclined to change the fuel filter if it hasn't been done in a while. More Power requires more fuel...

Jim

threeman
11-27-2005, 15:06
The fuel filter has 5k miles on it and I am going to change it. It runs fine on level 2 while towing. I pulled about 400miles yesterday. I did plug the egr back up while not towing and on level 3 it ran fine except for the boost bark. I may try the juice without the BS and see what happens? Any suggestions on that?

I have had all of it on for about 2500 miles but I am not impressed with the shifting. Some gears shift fine while towing some are very hard others at time shift one gear behind the other.

The entire package has about 15k. I tow about 90% of the time.

Kennedy
11-27-2005, 15:41
Personally, I'd take the Edge on level 2 with the boost stick over the Edge on any level w/o. You will have better response, and lower EGT's. The TQ limit of the Allison will not change so the cooler setup would be best IMHO.

Restriction gauge for the filter would be greatly beneficial when a situation like this arises. ;)