PDA

View Full Version : Edge weekend coverage in Four Wheeler mag

More Power
11-27-2005, 10:12
The first Edge weekend magazine coverage I've seen appeared in the current Jan 2006 issue of Four Wheeler mag.

Just a short blurb in their news section on page 16, but I expect a full story in a later issue... Kennedy and others smile.gif were mentioned this go around...

Jim

Buck
11-27-2005, 19:10
I caught some of "Weekend on the Edge" on the Men's Channel last Sunday night it was late though :rolleyes: . It showed lil' Red fish-tailing a bit, and BMDMAX(I think?) against a black Ford. The host was talking to an Edge rep while they showed the drags. Who had the lifted '01-'02 Pewter Dmax with slicks? Looked really really quick.....

Kennedy
11-27-2005, 19:18
If you see it scheduled agian, let us know. I THINK I have this channel, but I don't ever get station ID logos, and haven't watched it for any length of time to see any station ID.

Tough Guy
11-28-2005, 20:54
The lifted pewter Dmax with slicks was a fellow from Billings Montana...he ran low 13's IIRC..

Chris

BMDMAX
11-29-2005, 10:09
We got some coverage here too but it was based on Edge's not so correct press release.

http://dodgetruckworld.tenmagazines.com/tenarticle.asp?aid=2350&sid=7

More Power
11-29-2005, 10:55
I like their lead-in photo.... :D

Jim

BMDMAX
11-30-2005, 06:37
That is a cool shot. Looks like you are making the jump to lightspeed! smile.gif

Kennedy
11-30-2005, 07:40
Here's one from a guy who did some additional legwork to get the details a bit further refined:

http://www.automedia2000.com/edge/eg0509a.htm

More Power
12-02-2005, 11:25
I talked to the guys at Guns & Gear TV (Men's Channel on Dish Network #218) this morning. They're sending me two VHS videos, one of the Edge Weekend and another of an episode that hasn't aired yet covering the DHRA Diesel Nationals.

I asked if they were equipped to produce DVD's for sale.... Was told they haven't offered DVD's before, but I'm hoping to convince them to offer the episodes covering the diesel events.... :D

I'll keep you'all posted...

Jim

Kennedy
12-02-2005, 17:35
Sounds like they did not use any of their interview with Brandon at Weekend on the Edge???

More Power
12-26-2005, 15:28
Coupla things... The guys at Guns & Gears TV have produced a 55 minute DVD that includes coverage from ten 2005 diesel events - including Edge's event. I'm supposed to get a preview disk soon, and will report here about the content and where/how to acquire a copy.

Secondarily, I finally got a copy of Diesel Power magazine late last week. This is the issue that contains their "Weekend on the Edge" coverage. The story includes pics & discussion about JK's winning the "Single Turbo" quarter mile category and topping all comers on the dyno! Pics and text also include Brandon Meyers truck/runs as well as Lil Red... :D

It is amazing how many performance parts dealers advertise in Diesel Power magazine! Many of them are familiar to the BB communities and some even advertise here, but there are quite a few I've not heard of. An odd thing I noticed is a good share of the advertisers don't list their physical address (and a few even without a phone #) - just a web site address... I'd guess ad space is still pretty cheap there - at least while building its subscriber base and general circulation.

Jim

[ 12-27-2005, 09:15 AM: Message edited by: More Power ]

Kennedy
12-27-2005, 07:06
I gave up on finding it on any news stand. Guess I'll ask the guys at DP Mag to send me a copy (or three :D )

Yep, it's chock full of ads which is one reason that I've held off on advertising there. We are seeing a trend for big web sites with NOTHING behind them. No physical addresses etc. The "guy in his bathrobe in his mom's basement" is starting to hit the diesel market... Rant mode off

More Power
12-27-2005, 10:20
The local Barnes & Noble is finally stocking Diesel Power mag - that's where I bought a copy. I've looked for it there (as well as several other mag outlets) for the past several months, but this is the first time I've seen it - even though I subscribed several months ago...

Jim

Kennedy
12-29-2005, 06:29
Same here on all counts. We were in B-N a couple weeks back, probably before it was released.