PDA

View Full Version : new to the site and need help

achevelless396
11-27-2005, 17:03
Hey guys as you can tell I'm new here but have heard lots of good things about the site and enjoyed reading some of the topics. Anyway I have a 2002 Chevy Dmax 6.6 diesel with the alison trans. I was driving down the road and all a sudden it just shut down. After ckecking all the commun stuff I noticed that my Ignition, Fuel Control (INJB) Fuse poped. I replaced it and as soon as I turned the key on it pops again. I have the BullyDog Power Pup programer and It pulled a DTS code D800. I can not find that code anywhere. Do any of you guys know what this code is or where should I start looking to get this truck back on the road. Thanks

More Power
11-28-2005, 19:50
Welcome to the board... smile.gif

I couldn't locate a D800 in the 2001 factory service manual.

Fuel Control INJB is a 25-amp fuse located under the hood that powers the FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module).

Your may have a short in the wiring or the FICM could be misbehaving.

With the ignition off, pull the fuse (under the hood) and use a multimeter to probe the fuse socket to determine whether you have a dead short to ground. If you do, wiggle the related engine/FICM harness to see if that dead short is affected.

If not, pull the electrical connectors on the FICM, then determine whether the short goes away. If so, you may need to investigate further... Could be a bad FICM at that point, but without knowing what the resistance should be, it might not....

Jim

achevelless396
11-28-2005, 23:15
Thanks for the reply and info Jim I will have to see if that helps. I'll keep you posted does anyone else have any ideas?