PDA

View Full Version : Banks Six Gun on '03 LB7

tnlegendracer
03-04-2005, 20:39
Okay, I called Banks and inquired about the Six Gun for my '03 LB7. They say their customers are averaging 3 MPG better running on settings 4 or 6 (unloaded). Anybody installed one of these that can support or contradict these claims?

Bill Moncrief
03-06-2005, 08:12
Hello;
As seen in sig I run Banks setup and so far have been happy with it's performance as well as there customer service. You don't say whether you plan on just the sixgun or the exhaust and air flow mods as well. Anyway I went from the low to mid 17's to a steady 19.8. I run 86miles round trip 5 days a week and then whatever local on the weekend and use stanadyne every tank. Oh I run the K&N fipk had that before the Banks stuff.
TOWER JAKE

Freeman777
03-07-2005, 10:30
Tower:

What knob position are you running?

How many miles on the install?

Have you towed anything with it?

Has it ever gone into LIMP mode?

Had my "Six_Gun Bundle" installed at Banks HQs on 2/17/05

Thanks for your time.
DF

Bill Moncrief
03-08-2005, 05:02
Hello;
I run in position 3 most of the time, generally drop back to 2 when towing travel trailer which is generally around 8000# plus firewood, bikes and coolers in truckbed. I've got about 17000 on Banks stuff. So far had a muffler crack around weld where outside wrap is welded to front wall of muffler, also had computer go bad would peg exhaust temp gage at startup. Both replaced quickly under Banks warranty. Level 2 seems to give best MPH when towing 12 to 14 mpg.
TOWER JAKE

Bill Moncrief
03-08-2005, 05:07
sORRY
Missed a question. No limp anything :D knock on wood.
TOWER JAKE

BlackMax 2001
03-08-2005, 08:05
I am interested in the Banks "Big Hoss" buldle for my truck (2001 LB7). Not to be nosey, but what does that set up cost? If I amy ask.

Bill Moncrief
03-09-2005, 05:04
Hello;
When I purchased mine it was just under $2000 but at that time they didn't include a new intercooler as part of the package. :rolleyes: They also deducted the cost of their airfilter and tube because I allready had a K&N fipk set up. Hope this helps :D
TOWER JAKE

tnlegendracer
03-09-2005, 05:32
Well, I must admit I was feeling pretty good about the Banks Six-Gun Bundle until I read Kennedy's response. Anybody reading this had both an Edge (with Attitude) and a Six Gun for comparison purposes? I'm not a racer and not a puller, just a guy who drives his 100 miles/day (mainly unloaded) and reliability would rank higher than the ability to burn the tires off (though an occasional adrenaline (sp?) rush from time to time wouldn't be bad either).

Bill Moncrief
03-10-2005, 04:47
Hello;
I am in non way the expert tha JK is and in noway pretend to be. But I have not seen alot of posts in regards to problems with Banks systems. It seems as though there are almost daily posts on the other brands. Maybe Banks isn't used as much as the others. MorePower how about a poll on the type of programmer or chip used not just if one is used. If that has allready been done my apoligies because I missed it. Speaking for myself my unit seems very consistent with performance and economy but I have no hard data to back that up truck has never been dynoed or anything. Sorry for post leghnth but I like my Banks tongue.gif
TOWER JAKE