PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance Intructions?

mcmonroe
06-30-2004, 15:54
I have looked around for some intructions on the basic maintenance procedures and am not having any luck.

I have always done my own basic maintenance but things are obviously different on a Duramax. For example I have read somewhere that a magnet has to be moved on the Allison filter, the fuel filter has wires running to it, etc. Obviuously these are things not considered on standard gas filter changes.

I dont want to mess anything up with my next oil/tranny/fuel filter change and would appreciate if someone could direct me to some detailed instructions. Are there any hidden chassis fittings that need grease -- or all they all fairly visible?

Many thanks in advance,

Mark Monroe
Harrisburg NC

mark45678
06-30-2004, 16:22
11 grease fitting on the front end, fuel filter is easyest to do with the fenderwell pulled down on the top, change the rearend and t case fluided at 1000 or so miles theres a lot of breakin going on in those areas! trans spin on filter at 4~5k dont forget to put the magnet back on the new one! you will only loose about 4 oz... Drive it like hard after you have 500 miles on it, deisel like to be worked hard! this will help loosen up the motor! good luck with your new ride!!

Ps fuel filters are imprtant to have a spare in the truck and at home.....get some extras ASAP and change it every 15K. Use fuel antigell every time its colder then 15*f and you will nver have a issue! smile.gif

Viking
06-30-2004, 17:25
Follow the instructions in your diesel supplement book with repect to time and mileage then do a search on this board for specific instructions on what you want to do.

jbplock
07-01-2004, 02:36
Another good resource is the GM Service manuals (5 volume set) available from www.helminc.com (http://www.helminc.com)
smile.gif