PDA

View Full Version : Fuel problem?

JrTuner
07-02-2004, 04:17
Went to the track last night looking to break into the 12's. Best previous runs were of 13.14 and 13.19 both at 104 mph. Last night I planned on upping the horsepower a little more and hoping for a better launch. The problem I encountered was the truck would buck horribly at the end of the track. I did feel a couple of bucks earlier on in the runs at the top of the lower gears. Has anybody encountered anything like this? No check engine light. The truck went a 13.17 @ 100 and 13.28 @ 97. The bucking killed my mph. I am thinking I either got a bad tank of fuel or have a partially clogged fuel filer or both. Any help would be appreciated.

sixl
07-02-2004, 05:46
I am runing the Quad box on an LLY and mine has been cutting out (bucking) sounds like its poping the last day or so then last night it just died I checked the hand pump on the fuel filter and it had no pressure so I pumped and let the air out and it started back made it about a mile and it died again same thing. All of this was with a quarter tank of fuel so I changed the fuel filter and filled the tank and andded ceten booster seems fine now :confused: Has any one eles have this or something related to this happed? The truck has 17000 miles and the box has been on for 4 days.

LanduytG
07-03-2004, 04:33
Sounds to me that you are runningout of fuel. time for a lift pump.

Greg

sixl
07-05-2004, 12:05
has anyone had the problem of runing out of fuel on just a 90hp Quad box 18000 mile lly :confused:

JrTuner
07-05-2004, 14:12
I was stacking the Quad 215 with the Hot Juice with attitude on level 4. I did have about a quarter tank of fuel. But I seem to remember I had about a quarter tank of fuel when I ran the 13.10's @ 104 mph a week earlier. When I was driving home that night I did feel a little hesitation right before it would make the 1-2 shift. I added a fuel additive to what was left in the tank and after a few miles I didn't feel that hesitation anymore. I filled up at a different station on Saturday and have driven over a 100 miles since and don't feel any kind of hesitations but I haven't really got on it hard yet. I have read on here that a couple of people are using a Holley fuel pump to keep the low pressure side stable. What is involved? Thanks.