PDA

View Full Version : Leakey T-stat cross-over. Couple of questions.

Steve O.
02-20-2005, 19:40
Looks like its cooling mod and thermostat night here on The Diesel Page!

The dual thermostat crossover tube ('97 upgrade on my '94 truck) has sprung a leak around the gasket on the passenger side of the block. I had the upgrade done when the new motor went in, so I did not do the job myself and have a few questions.

Any tips or things to look out for when I remove the crossover to get to the gaskets? Looks pretty straightforward, remove a few hoses, maybe the oil filler tube, and then I'm looking at two nuts on each side of the crossover tube. hit them all with Powerblaster tonight. The outboard nut on the drivers side appears to be integrated into the alternator bracket. Do I have to yank the alternator to get this piece off?

Also, is there a chance anyone out there has the part number for the gaskets? Two local shops keep giving me gaskets that are way too big for each side of that tube.

As always, any input would be appreciated.

Steve

CareyWeber
02-20-2005, 19:52
Napa # C30677

I got serveral sets sitting here.

Carey

Steve O.
02-20-2005, 19:58
All right, thanks for the lightening quick response man. And I thought the PN was going to be the obscure part of the question that went unanswered. I should know know better by now!

Thanks again.

Steve

Steve O.
02-21-2005, 18:31
One more quick question: What about the plastic fitting at the end of the hard line on the side of the crossover? Is there a name for that thing? Told it will probably break when I take it apart.

Also, if anyone still may want to offer up suggestions on this job, I'm still all ears. didn't start the job today as we got another 6" of snow.

Steve

Barry Nave
02-21-2005, 18:58
This plastic fitting allows the nut to turn.
Should be no problem. Have'nt had one leak on me yet.