PDA

View Full Version : ? to hotshot

Diesel Dan 2500HD
01-01-2002, 13:34
what dealer did your reflash? mine out here thinks i'm crazy say's never heard of a computer reflash tells me to go home any ways ordered new truck from bob bell in camrose other dealer can kiss my a$$ last time i'll EVER but a truck from them aholes (quote from dealer drive it untill it dies then worry about it )what an a$$

bearman
01-01-2002, 18:02
I had mine reflashed down here. Murray Chev Olds in Medicine Hat
Cheers
Bear

------------------
Onyx Black 2001 Chev 2500 HD D/A combo, Viper command start, Lund racor back and visor, Outback stainless steel bushguard, KC Daylighter titanium offroad lights, Lund bug deflector, 265 X 85R16 Michlen tires, DeeZee stainless steel grill insert, full lenth Dee Zee running boards, Scorpian spray in box liner, Stainless Steel box caps, 1st one to install high idle, Rino frount and rear floor mats, Stainless steel rocker pannals, pulla 29 ft Scamper 5th wheel camper and an 18 foot Lund boat in tandem, Would post picks if I knew how, many more toys to come

HotShot
04-17-2002, 17:46
Hi Diesel Dan,

Sorry I took so long to respond, been real busy for the last three months and haven't had time to get on the forum. Put over 15,000km on in Jan., Feb. and Mar. EACH. I now have over 120,000 on the truck.

I had it done at Nicholson Chev on Argyl at 75st. Be warned they are allergic to walk ins, they want you to book an appointment. I'm on call 25 hours a day, 8 days a week so I'm rarely around when I have an appointment, usually called out a few hours before. The shop foreman was a little surprised to see that there was already updates but loaded them all for me.

James S
05-06-2002, 21:54
Hey Hotshot,

I am just curious, with over one-hundred and twenty thousand kilometres on your truck, what is your fuel milage like, both in town and on the highway, in miles per canadian gallon? [take your miles per us gallon, and multiply it by 1.2 to get your canadian gallon equivalent, from 3.78 to 4.55 litres per gallon] Also, what type of truck do you have? Crew cab, extended cab?, long box?, short box?, Thanks.

James

HotShot
05-13-2002, 17:23
Hi James,

I average about 19.5 in the summer and 18.5 in the winter averaged over the month.The worst tank I've ever got was 17 and the best was 22.5, I don't know what my true city milage is because I've never burned up a tank of fuel in town. My job keeps me on the highway a lot and I don't like short tripping my truck around town unnecessarily. It doesn't seem to affect my milage much so it must be close to my highway milage. Now 4x4 sure puts a dent in the tank if I go play in the snow or mud for any distance. All milages are Canadian as I live in Edmonton.

I drive a 3500 dually, extended cab, long box, LS with the ZF-6. My equipment, tools and gear add about 1000lbs to the truck; it weighs nearly 8000lbs plus cargo. Weight of the cargo doesn't make a huge difference in economy either.

I am planning on making some airbox mods and straight piping the exhaust when it goes of warranty later this summer. They might push me over the 20mpg consistantly.

Because of my racks and the cargo I sometimes carry, the aerodynamics of my truck have been severely messed with. Tire presures are set for comfort and most importantly traction not economy. I would like to find some rims with a deeper offset so I can put on larger tires, I'm sure they would help noticably.