PDA

View Full Version : No recall info on MyGM-Link.com

crew84
03-08-2005, 07:58
I have been using MyGm-Link.com to keep records of my trucks maintenance. GM says that this is a direct connect for the dealer network. On this page is a recall section and messages about them. Both do not work and have not worked for over a month. I have found it interesting that a major company like GM can not keep recalls or announcements current. Other than this forum I would not know anything about the power steering pump, tailgate cables, or steering rattle TSB.

DmaxMaverick
03-08-2005, 08:17
Just checked mine.

Recalls on My mygmlink works fine, as it did a week ago. On the "vehicle home" page, there are links below the picture and mileage, one is "Messages", and the other is "Recalls". Clicking on "recalls" opens a page that says there is a recall, and references a number, with a link to a PDF (acrobat) file. Opening the file shows the recall, identical to the one I received in the mail, in this case, the tailgate cables (haven't done it yet). I checked the same on another vehicle I registered with mygmlink, and it works as well (Impala fuel pressure regulator).

If you want recall info, you have to register with your VIN#. No VIN#, no recall and TSB stuff.

If you have registered with your VIN#, and no recalls show, you have no outstanding recalls, or there is something wrong with your registration, or the vehicle is older than allowed.

Try it again and let us know if you get it working.

crew84
03-08-2005, 09:06
Well I just got off the phone with them(MyGMLink.com) and they told me that they ARE AWARE of the problem on their web site. Of course they also told my that there are no current LISTED recalls on my 2004 Silverado. When I questioned them about the News reports on power steering they then said that they are still in the process of writting recall letters.

DmaxMaverick
03-08-2005, 09:25
Typical tech support! Customer complains, support says they are aware of the problem and are working on it. Tell the customer what they want to hear, and they will go away. I hate that. There may be a real problem, but most often not.

Your 2004 may not have a recall associated with it, yet. You don't need a recall to have a repair done if you are experiencing a problem. There is a TSB on the issue, even if you never get a recall, warranty will cover it. I think Madmatt posted it some time ago.