PDA

View Full Version : my codes and what to do

advanracing62
09-19-2003, 10:21
94 TD 6.5 97k on it. Just got the thing not long ago- don't know much about diesels. Don't know if it's getting vac, though there is vac to the sol. bank.
codes are:
32 EGR System Problem
33 MAP Input High
44 EGR Pulse
45 EGR Vent

I replaced all the EGR solnoids on the bank, I've ordered the Turbo Pressure Sensor (The dealer told me that was the "MAP") and the Wastegate solnoid. I'm wondering if replacing the MAP will solve the EGR issues. Any help here would be appreciated. TIA!!!!

More Power
09-19-2003, 11:10
Step 1 - Check fuses.

Step 2 - Check vacuum.

Step 3 - Check related wiring/connectors.

MP

advanracing62
09-19-2003, 14:21
well I just said fk it and ordered a new vac pump.. there's just no other logical way for me to even think there's another issue.. (now watch the pump have nothing to do with it) I'll know next Saturday what the deal is!!!! Just shy of replacing all the EGR equipment! I hate being uneducated about the Diesel...

rjschoolcraft
09-19-2003, 14:28
If there is vacuum to the solenoid bank, then it is not the pump. Besides, the pump can easily be tested with a simple vacuum gage.

Uncle Wally
09-19-2003, 15:21
Advan,

Still havin probs since oour discussion, huh?

There is a ground strap that goes from the cab to the block and then to the frame right below the heater box on the firewall.

I would clean up all three connections there. GM in their infinite wisdom chose that spot. I'm not sure why, but the combo of condensation from the A/C, heat from the exhaust, and any oil leakage from the engine seam to play havok with the electronics. Someone else from here had some of the same codes as you, and this cured his problem. But I think he is bein quiet for now as everytime he says he has it figured out, something else crops up.

I would try that before I spend the money on the vacuum pump.

Waldo

advanracing62
09-19-2003, 16:05
there is vac to the bank- though I don't know how much... I'll measure it tonight. I'll have a gander at the grounds to see what the deal is there.. maybe it will help. There just isn't any vac to the EGR parts- thoughts?

just cleaned the grounds(except for the one on the bottom of the firewall- how do you get to that one?) Still the same issues....

[ 09-19-2003, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: advanracing62 ]

advanracing62
09-19-2003, 18:16
I want to thank those of you who helped me.. after beating my head against the wall, I fixed the issue. The vac. lines were messed up from whoever owned the truck before me. Also the EGR valve on the mani had a leak at the gasket for some reason. I still want to know how to get to that lower ground on the firewall, but other than that BIG improvements when this thing isn't in CEL mode! Thanks fellas!!! now it's time to mod this turd!!!!!

ChevyDooley
09-20-2003, 15:50
did he say "gander"?

advanracing62
09-21-2003, 04:54
hahahaha..... yeah :eek: