PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Filter Change 2002 D'max -- I DID IT!!!

Seth McKinney
03-08-2005, 13:10
Thanks to the information on this forum (and Kennedy -- thanks man) I accomplished my task. I changed the fuel filter. I know for some people this is nothing, but this is like the first big task I have ever undertaken on my truck. I feel proud of my self.

I tried from top with the battery out, but that thing wasn't moving. So I read where someone just pulled the top of the front fender down, and went at it from there. Well I did, and I broke the attachments, but since I only pulled down the two middle ones it popped back up perfectly -- no harm done. Anyway since I had done nothing like this before I made the mistake of revoving the WIF sensor without having anything there to catch what was to come out. Other than that it came out, and went on fine. However, one last thing -- I couldn't start it. I primed it, but I forgot to turn that screw to bleed it. Now it was perfect. It is a very quick and easy thing to do ONCE you figure out how to attack it.

Thanks guys.

Phil B.
03-10-2005, 20:49
Congrats Seth. Next time, try it from the top without removing anything. Someone gave me this advise and I tried it a couple of years ago and now it takes me about 10 minutes (tops) to change the filter. The key for me is a good coat of oil on the o-ring. This lets it come off real easy on my next change.

Phil B.