PDA

View Full Version : The Juice with Attitude.

drthv8r
07-08-2004, 07:58
Is anybody else having driving issues when using The Juice or is it just me. I'm not a very happy camper right now with The Edge products. I've tried 3 different units on my truck and at some point they all end up bucking and making the truck feel like you're riding a bucking bronco.

Aaron sent me a replacement unit last week I told him 3 times while on the phone with him it have the hot juice and not the standard one. He still ended up sending me the standard one. He assured me there'd be a return label in the new Juice box to send my old unit back with. No such label was in the box. Trying to get him on the phone is a joke, and he doesn't return phone calls.

I went camping this past weekend I tried the new unit he sent me. I hadn't been on the road a mile when the truck stated bucking away. So I installed my old unit and it did ok till on the way home. I pulled in for a fuel fill up and as soon as I turned into the diesel stop the truck started missing and bucking away.

I ended up driving home with no Juice on my truck what so ever. It sure doesn't sit well with me to have close to $2000.00 worth of The Edge products sitting in a bag on the floorboard of my truck and running my truck stock again. I can't believe I'm the only person having issues with this junk.

Screw the name The Juice With Attitude. I feel I have The Junk and it's giving me an attitude. Sorry for the rant but like I said I'm not a very happy camper right now.

I purchased my Juice from John at Kennedy Diesel and he's been a lot more helpful then the guys at The Edge Products.

Kennedy
07-08-2004, 09:11
Your situation is kinda unique. My first suggestion is to change the fuel filter. The other thing is to try this again without any potential EMI emiting devices (Nextel is biggest offender) on board. Having 2 modules that do essentially the same thing leans me toward a truck issue. I'll send a Van Aaken box to truy also just to see if it's a compatibility issue.

The fact that you have had turn signal crossups leads me to believe that there is a major electrical issue present somewhere. I'd consider shutdown of all trailer power during towing to ensure that there is no voltage where it isn't supposed to be.

More Power
07-08-2004, 09:14
Hmmmm.... Do you have an LB7 or an LLY?

I had a very early Edge module (actually a BD EZ-Amp) that caused the engine to stall a time or two. Updating the program fixed that.

I've had the hot Juice w/Attitude on the LB7 Project truck for a few days now, and it hasn't produced any untoward behavior (other than make the truck really fast).

We've helped a couple of local Duramax owners install the Juice/Attitude. One of them several months ago. They report good things. Like JK, I'd not discount an individual truck compatibility issue just yet.

I'm sure you can get a refund for any product sold by any TDP vendor.

MP

mark45678
07-08-2004, 12:16
look VERY close at the connections ,its possible that one of the pins in the factory or juice connector have backed there way out there home and only making a partial conection! I have had to give many of the pins in mine a slight tug with needle nose pliers!

rickdlance
07-09-2004, 06:09
I had the same problem with one of my 2001 trucks. When GM upped the injector warranty I had new injectors put in. That cured the problem. I have also heard something about a lift pump issue. I currently have 2 trucks with Juice and have no complaints.

sixl
07-09-2004, 13:35
Kennedy what is this EMI and what will it cause? I have a Quad box on my LLY and some times it will spit and spudder under hard excelaration just wandering if it can be the Nextel?

tswartos
07-09-2004, 20:31
electromagnetic impluse?

HBruns
07-11-2004, 21:24
EMI = Electro-Magnetic Interference

This kind of interference can make electronics do strange things, and never good things. Two of them doing the same thing does point to some other problem than the Juice module.

Modified
07-12-2004, 19:08
Is this bucking problem engine or suspension related?
A 35' 5ver may be a handful for a 2500HD suspension.
I remember dmaxalliTech talking about dry transmission splines and yoke, causing banging and bucking when the axil wraps or un-wraps under load, because the yoke was not sliding as required.

zip
07-17-2004, 15:31
3 boxes doing the same thing- geez.
From the Keystone website, it looks like the 5'er comes in well within the 2500HD towing capability. Dry weights of the 35 footers are somewhere around 10,500 to 11000lbs. That leaves almost 2 tons of stuff you can tote.
If the truck runs fine without juice, can it still be a truck problem?
I've seen rv threads where bucking can be caused by looseness in the hitch, but there again- the bucking goes away when the juice is gone.
That's awful nice of you to give him another box to try out,John.
Good luck with it drthv8er. Hang in there- we are all going to benefit from the outcome of this one. Sorry it's happening to you.
I just bought mine from JK. No problems so far (2 days). Still running in level #2 tho. Is that the level you were towing in?

Kennedy
07-28-2004, 12:46
So Tom, what news do you have for us?