PDA

View Full Version : 04 lly to 05 lly

TDiesel
07-09-2004, 13:27
If there is a power upgrade for the 05 lly does that mean the 04 with the lly can get the same upgrade???? I can't see them changeing the engine again after half year production but you never know. So is the power incress do to the computer? and if so can that same change be made on a 04 lly? That would be a nice upgrade.

More Power
07-09-2004, 13:58
Assuming no significant changes, and if the '04 LLY will accept an '05 VIN to be input via a Tech II scan tool, then maybe.

There may also be additional upgrades made to the '05 Allison that we aren't aware of yet.

MP

mark45678
07-09-2004, 16:05
there is a lot more HP/TQ on tap with any diesel ! the question is >>>>> would GM be willing to stand behind the rest of the truck with more power? the allison at this time isnt rated any higher then the motor!!! Those of us that have had older dmaxes can honestly say they can hold 50 hp and 120 TQ more with out hitting the wall on 5TH gear..... True some truck will handle more but thats all I feel my 2001 could do towing in 5th gear.. the next :D thing is t case/drive shaft and rear end ! and your tires!!!!GM will not help you with tire issues, They just dont stay glued to the pavement!

TDiesel
07-12-2004, 09:45
So the trans is the weak link in the whole thing. Is there a small upgrade that dosnt require takeing the trans out? I want to add a few extra hp (50-70 hp) but if that requires me to put thousands into the trans then I will just have to run stock.