PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust cut out, help or no?

kevin21
03-14-2005, 19:17
I just ordered an exhaust cut out (they call it) from Jegs. You might have seen one, they basically look like an on off ramp from the highway that ends 1/2 way through. Like a Y, sort of.

It basically allows you to unscrew 3 wing nuts and remove the plate and bypass the muffler (if installed pre-muffler) for quicker exhaust flow. Then when you are done you can slap the plate back on and go on as normal.

Just wanted to see if anyone had done this as a "quick release" option when going to the track or just to be loud?

Do you think it will help egt's or reduce back pressure or 1/8 mile times tongue.gif :D ;) .

I haven't gone cutting just yet...

Kennedy
03-15-2005, 06:09
Exhaust leaks under the vehicle make for a big mess IMHO.

kevin21
03-15-2005, 07:05
If you weld it in and use it w/ a turn down I'm not sure how it would leak?

I'm not a fan of fumes in the truck either...

I'm probably going to mount it so the cutout points outward so most exhaust will go out the side rather than underneath.

Jim Brzozowski
03-17-2005, 09:39
kevin21, with only 3 wing nuts to try and make it seal, its gonna leak. You can't generate enough sealing force against the plate with 3 wing nuts. I would advise you not to even try it. Go to the tail pipe of your truck and try to press something flat against the opening with the engine ideling and see how what you feel.