PDA

View Full Version : BANKS WASTE GATE

BIG FT/LBS
03-15-2005, 09:34
I AM LOOKING AT THE BANKS WASTE GATE. HAS ANYONE TRIED THEM AND WHAT ARE THE RESULTS? THANKS FOR THE INFO. smile.gif

bwpody_16
03-15-2005, 10:17
there has been a couple other post's about this, try searching for banks big head waste gate. also if you looking to buy one, i have a brand new one for sale.

Maxpower
03-15-2005, 13:22
Put a Banks bighead on about a year ago,depends how it`s ajusted. I`ve gotten about 10lbs more boost.(careful not to over boost the turbo)01 LB7

More Power
03-15-2005, 21:02
I have heard from two individuals so far who reported that they grenaded their turbo at 39-psi. So, I'd be a little careful.

Will have an article on the web site next month about the Banks BH. Aside from installation photos/instructions, there'll be boost & adjustment data when using a couple different power products (Edge/Att & Predator).

MP

ChevyDealer
03-15-2005, 23:34
Thanks MORE POWER. I'm looking forward to that review. I've had one in the box for awhile, but haven't gotten around to installing it or my AFE Intake.

I was going to rig up a temporary boost gauge to dial it in since the Edge Attitude monitor only reads so far. After getting it dialed in I thought I'd remove the gauge and just rely on the Attitude Monitor.

I'll have a Banks 4" Monster Exhaust, AFE Intake, and a HOT Juice with Attitude along with the Banks Big Head. smile.gif What kind of boost should I shoot for? 30 PSI? :confused:

I'm in need of Suncoast at this point. Thinking about Stage IV. I just can't seem to pull the trigger due to the cost.

More Power
03-16-2005, 08:25
I think 30 is a reasonable figure to shoot for, but there are those who advocate 35. Since I'm also running nitrous (don't need every last psi), 30 is likely where I'll start. :D

MP