PDA

View Full Version : Finally pulled the trigger...

adamsclimber
03-19-2005, 23:39
Been reading this sight for a little over 2 years been a member for about 1, but have always wanted one of these outstanding machines. On Friday, I finally got to pull the trigger on my wallet and purchase my '05 Duramax Diesel.....just love the feel of typing that, let alone saying it.

Got every blasted bell & whistle they would stuff in a CC with exception of DVD.

They located my new "baby" in Oregon and it should be at the stealer this coming Saturday...so thanks for all the information you folks have provided me thus far, and be ready for a whole bunch of dumb n00b questions....cause its sure easy to read, but when the real deal is sitting there and the lust/love is blinding your thoughts....so here's another advanced THANKS!!

Hell, this may very well be the happiest post I've ever made anywhere :D :D :D

pontiac_m18
03-20-2005, 07:36
HI ADAMSCLIMBER & first things first! Welcome to our site & may every question that you ask be answered quickly & correctly. B.T.W. & F.Y.I. IT IS PERFECTLY ALRIGHT TO SLEEP IN YOUR "BABY" the first night!! Alot of us did BUT don't want to admit it!! :D :D Enjoy! Enjoy! Howard (Pontiac_m18)

cowboywildbill
03-21-2005, 11:48
Congratulations on your new truck! I didn't sleep in mine when it was new for a while, that is until my wife found out about the new accessories that I had installed on it. "Ha Ha" Enjoy your truck, I think I've had a better time adding stuff to our truck than I did adding stuff to our Harleys. And believe it or not, with the right stuff the truck can beat the Hog in a drag. Unless it's a really bad Bike.

adamsclimber
03-21-2005, 15:35
Thanks for the welcome folks, feels really good to finally be an owner of one of these great trucks.

I will say this is gonna be one hell of a long week waiting to go pick up my new ride....and its only Monday :D

I've already started a list of mods for the future, but have so far successfully kept it hidden from the missus. Really don't wanna hear the "you spent that kinda $$ on a brand new truck and your gonna rip out stuff and add all that that crap to it!!" lecture from her yet. :D

fowlcall
03-23-2005, 17:46
Congrats on the new truck, I have slept in mine, made me wish I bought the crew cab.

adamsclimber
03-28-2005, 16:22
Picked up my new baby Sat. A.M.....still have a huge smile stuck to my face. Man OH Man what a great ride this thing is...the perfect truck afer all these years :D

Almost had to test out the new sleeping quarters when we went past one of the local boat dealers' place on the way home and told the missus I wanted to swing in there and "accessorize" my new truck with a 24' aluminum jet-sled they had sitting out front.

Fortunately they weren't needed as it was I had a hell of a time getting my dog out of the backseat, he was even more reluctant to get out than I was.He really seems to like "his" new truch as well.

Only been a couple of days but the missus is already threatening to forward my mail to the truck...says everytime she turns around alls she can hear is the door slamming as I head out to "muck about" with some new discovery and then the idle of the mighty Duramax.....But, I'm reasonably sure that she's kidding about that...I hope :D

MIKE MOG
03-28-2005, 17:07
MAN, I KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT, MY SON CALLS OUR TRUCK THE LADY, MY WIFE THINKS WERE BOTH CRAZY. IM ALWAYS CLEANING OR DOING SOMETHING ON IT. CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THE COST OF DIESEL COMES DOWN SO I CAN DRIVE IT!! HA HA. I FOUND DIESELS ARE COOL AND I WONT GO BACK TO A GAS TRUCK!
MIKE