PDA

View Full Version : MBRP single/cool-dual exhaust question

James S
07-19-2004, 14:34
Hey There,

I have a friend with a 04, CC LB, four by four, who wants the MBRP exhaust. Which one is quieter in the cab, the single, or the cool-duals? He doesn't care about outside noise, but is vary concerned about in the cab. Can you help, as he cannot return the exhaust if he doesn't like it. Thanks.

James

More Power
07-21-2004, 11:05
A lot depends on how you view exhaust sound. Some of the systems are too loud for some folks and just right for others. We had an opportunity to ride in two dual-exhaust ( from www.usdieselparts.com (http://www.usdieselparts.com) ) equipped trucks this past weekend during the Pull-Off - one a new Dodge and the other a new Ford 6.0. The Dodge was a little too raucous for some, while the Ford sounded cool. Turbo whistle is very noticeable when outside the cab. We expect the Duramax would sound similar to the Ford, due to they both being V-8's.

MP

heartbeatcanada
07-21-2004, 18:47
I have the cool duals on my truck and it is quiet in cab, but has authority outside. My bud has a single system from mbrp and it is a little louder in cab than mine, but nothing obnoxious like my flo pro i had on before the duals. Both very nice systems and wouldn't hesitate to put either on.