PDA

View Full Version : DA_MAXX... ALLISON TRANSMISSION

MIKE MOG
03-21-2005, 16:14
HI DA_MAXX, WAS READING THE LB7 FUEL POLL AND WAS WONDERING WHY YOU HAD TO REPLACE THAT ALLISON. THE REASON I ASK, IS THAT MINE SEEMS TO MAKE A GROWLING NOISE WHEN IM LOADED AND BETWEEN 55 AND 64 MPH. MADMATT TOLD ME TO CHECK THE TORQUE CONVERTER BOLTS BUT THE TRUCK HAD BEEN IN THE PAINT SHOP. JUST LOOKING FOR A LITTLE INPUT.
THANKS, MIKE

madmatt
03-26-2005, 20:32
Hey Mike! I'm still hunting for your fix. Does this sound anything like your problem???

Some owners Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra pickups equipped with the Allison LCT1000 Transmission may comment that they hear and feel a slight/light buzz type noise when TCC applies. The condition is typically noticed under light throttle conditions when the TCC applies in 5th gear. The buzz noise is audible to the ear and can typically be felt in the drivers floor pan or in the accelerator pedal and will last approximately one second.

or this??

Automatic Transmission 4L60E, 4L65E, 4L80E, 4L85E or LCT1000: The condition of driveline growl/rattle can be present when engine RPM is between 1100 and 1200 (approximately) and the transmission is in 4th gear with TCC applied. The growl/rattle will go away by disabling the TCC with the Tech II scan tool or by applying the brake pedal. Also operating the vehicle in manual 3rd range will reduce and in some vehicles eliminate the growl rattle by raising engine RPM and reducing the overall load on the engine.

let me know. both of these came from bulletins.

Topic MOVED to 2500/3500HD Trucks and Drivetrain Forum smile.gif

[ 03-27-2005, 01:52 AM: Message edited by: jbplock ]