PDA

View Full Version : racing...new mach1 vs duramax

tswartos
07-28-2003, 15:37
trying to settle a bet with my kid.

We were kidding each other about stuff and I told him a juiced up dmax could smoke a new mustang mach 1...just to get his hackles up. It worked but he guffawed so bad about it i got curious and looked up some 1/4 mile times. From what i could tell from the times folks were posting that bombed dmax can run with a Mustang mach 1 within a few hundreds of a second. Any real world experience around here that proves that point...i've already did search on this site for times posted and compared them to posting on other bbs' but wondered if anyone had raced any ponies and what there experience was.

[ 07-28-2003, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: tswartos ]

Allison Jettester
07-28-2003, 16:47
TS,
Go to this thread:

http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=005794

and show your kid this video:
http://antiquetractorpulling.com/TomacDuramax1446vs98Mustang1493.mpg

chevmeister
07-28-2003, 17:35
Well I have a friend that has a brand new mach1. Anyone got a truck that wants to show it up? I aint got a snowballs chance in hades. Bone stock. Did I read somewhere, someone ran high 12's with a dmax??

DMAXTODD
07-28-2003, 21:17
Some guy in muncie at the raceway ran 12.6 with a lifted crew cab,I could not believe it myself. Type in duramax on an ebay search, he is selling the video that shows the truck. I bought it and the quality is very good $10. Some dodges are fast too but thie pewter C/C even ran faster than a cummins dakata!!@!

tswartos
07-28-2003, 22:17
allison Jett - ya i had read that string but the url that u had posted didnt work but this new one does thx

SoMnDMAX
07-29-2003, 00:06
Stock Dmax vs. Mach 1 - Mach 1 wins.
Juiced Dmax vs. Mach 1- Mach 1 wins.

The new Mach 1's are good for easy mid to low 13's. It'd be hard to get a Dmax into the 13's without major mods.

Clint's Dmax (the ATS sponsored 12 second crew cab) isn't very stock from what I've read.... Twin turbo, the whole works... NOT the norm.

mackin
07-29-2003, 04:18
EH ,
Hot Juice,
Good light, you'll eat him in the 60' perhaps the short track too,if your good .... ;)

Mac :eek: :eek: :eek:

tswartos
07-29-2003, 16:32
ya, i figured itd beat it but its fun watchin him squirm when he saw the video....hehe
thats half the fun of having kids...u get to pick on them a little and call it part of growing up :D

king D
07-29-2003, 19:06
the thing is can the people drive the respective vehicles.most folks will watch the dmax pull em off the line and forget what the heck there doin .after it bounces of the rev limiter a few times and blows the tires off the tang it is all over but the crying

mackin
07-29-2003, 19:12
Originally posted by king D:
the thing is can the people drive the respective vehicles.most folks will watch the dmax pull em off the line and forget what the heck there doin .after it bounces of the rev limiter a few times and blows the tires off the tang it is all over but the crying Exactly ..... Not likely ......
;)

Mac :D :D :D

blue
07-29-2003, 20:31
I dunno, rear wheel drive Mustang with stickshift and alot of torque on street tires can EASILY screw up his launch. Every Mustang doesn't go 13.6 etc every time...case in point last week:

I saw a relatively new black Mustang GT with some "Roush" badge on the lower doorsill or some such. I pulled up next to him at stoplight, looked down over and said to the ~50 year old guy with the neat, fast sounding/looking Mustang "Your car looks fast, does it have a Supercharger?"
He says, "Not yet!" and smiles.
I said, "You wanna go for it off the light, I'd like to see how fast it is"
He says, "OK"...
so I brakestand it in 4WD up to launch boost (a little before it starts overcoming the hydroboosted brakes no matter how hard I press on them)...

Light turns GREEN...
I launch with the clockwork-reproducible high 1.8-LOW 1.9 60-foot time and ANNIHILATE him out of the hole as he accelerates, but seems to be spending alot of time spinning his tires. I let off after about a block, when I have about 3-4 carlengths+ on him seems like.
He turned into a parking lot.

SCRATCH ONE MUSTANG GT...by one Duramax Diesel Sierra 2500HD D/A SLT Longbed with Hot Juice and K&N filter (that's ALL)...in which I did a 14.0 @ 92.5mph about 2 weeks ago at Gateway International Raceway's NHRA dragstrip.

Sure they make about 50,000 different Mustang versions so it gives you a headache trying to figure out which little scoop or gewgaw means "this is the FAST Mustang, not one of the 49,990 types that suck"...but I know of Jack Roush, it wasn't a windshield banner it was a little badge like it was for real SOMEthing, it had big tires, rumpy-rump exhaust...maybe somebody knows what that is...
hehehehehehehe!

WhiteDuramax
07-29-2003, 21:20
That is Clint Cannons Duramax on the Muncie tape, it is one of ATS's trucks, he either works their or is part of ATS. It has twins, TST Comp, Injectors, and Lift pump, at least thats all he told me about when I talked to him at Muncie. It is one wicked truck.

king D
07-29-2003, 22:06
Originally posted by mackin:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by king D:
the thing is can the people drive the respective vehicles.most folks will watch the dmax pull em off the line and forget what the heck there doin .after it bounces of the rev limiter a few times and blows the tires off the tang it is all over but the crying Exactly ..... Not likely ......
;)

Mac :D :D :D </font>[/QUOTE]well let me put it like this when i pull em off the line in my dmax it wont matter if they miss hte shift or not cause il be gone and they will have that stupid look on thier face.nothing like a 7000lb truck running low 13s.and the good thing about my truck is it doesnt need a preped track to, turn those times like a mudstain does :cool:

britannic
07-29-2003, 22:56
Did any of you notice there wasn't much evidence of black smoke at the launch of that DMax?

tswartos
07-30-2003, 16:24
that was a good video, got everyone giggling at work.

chevmeister
07-30-2003, 17:26
Originally posted by SoMnDMAX:
Clint's Dmax (the ATS sponsored 12 second crew cab) isn't very stock from what I've read.... Twin turbo, the whole works... NOT the norm. I stumbled upon some pics of clints dmax, or so i think, web page (http://community.webshots.com/album/73156416mxRRWv).
disclaimer
I didnt take these pics nor are they on my website. But they are of clints ATS truck.

[ 07-31-2003, 06:56 PM: Message edited by: chevmeister ]

tswartos
08-01-2003, 11:05
thanks guys, its been fun