PDA

View Full Version : Missing Spring Insulator - Clunking Sound

hamelyak
03-22-2005, 19:25
I've had my my truck in four times for clunking sounds when the trunk goes over bumps. First time, no problem found. After charging me $100 this last go around, Im not happy. These things for some reason keep falling off. I wont replace them again now I know what they are - a piece of plastic between the last set of springs in the rear. I was concerned originally there was a problem with the drive train. Is this a typical problem?

DmaxMaverick
03-22-2005, 19:46
Get used to it. They don't "fall" off. They shear off. Like you, I'm not sure I'll replace another set. Well, maybe one more time.

You can use the square block insulators, but they are pricey. Supposed to stay longer, but my lack of faith prevents me from paying 4 times as much on a dice roll.

I have noticed they get lost at more than twice the rate when towing. The heavier, the quicker.

Diesel Crat
03-23-2005, 04:48
hamelyak
Member # 15782 posted 03-22-2005 08:25 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is this a typical problem? Is a frog's *ss water tight?

Had 3 sets replaced under warranty on my 01 6.0 Gasser. Waste of time. All gone after one towing each time.