PDA

View Full Version : Filter Prices

tanker
03-23-2005, 03:00
New with the Duramax/Allison. Just paid $19.11 for the #29599579 Allison Filter, and $19.45 for the #88917036 PF-2232 AC oil filter at my GMC dealer. :mad:
Went to Allison shop, paid $8.38 for the Trans-filter, went to Advance Auto Parts and paid $7.97 for the AC PF-2232 oil filter. All same part#'s.
I don't mind a business making a profit on what they sell, "BUT" :eek: this is almost highway robbery .
What have you been paying? :rolleyes:

Idle_Chatter
03-23-2005, 04:14
Sorry you got burned, Tom! What you describe is par for the course on Stealer markups. I've been buying all my Allison stuff from an Allison dealer and the price difference is staggering! I needed an Alli filter magnet. Called a local dealer and they quoted me $29 and said it would take a week! I called an Alli shop in Baltimore and it was $1.99 and they shipped it to me UPS ground which arrived overnight in a padded envelope for a total cost of $2.89!

OC_DMAX
03-23-2005, 05:19
I agree, the price mark-up on parts at a dealership are outrageous. Auto part stores seem to be able to keep the doors open and make a profit selling parts at half to a third the cost of what GM Dealerships sell them for. Make sure you don't buy the fuel filter from the dealership (or pay them to install it for that matter).

Makes one ask the question "What does that GM pick-up truck really cost?" - sure bet its not any where close to the $50k window sticker.

Makes me also wonder what the price of a "fuel injector" would be if they were sold over the counter at Autozone (as an example). Probably would take some of the "price shock" out of this whole fuel injector issue.