PDA

View Full Version : Lots of noise & Smoke - Need HELP!

John Mabee
08-23-2003, 10:37
Hi All,

I have been a lurker for a couple of years off and on. I have a 2001 Duramax/Allison 2500 HD 4X4 crewcab short bed with only 49k miles. The truck has seen very little off road type driving, since we sold our livestock shortly after purchasing. I have done no modifications to the truck with the exception of larger tires in an attempt to get a bit more clearance for the frame. The truck has been extremely reliable up until a couple of months ago. Here is a brief history:

8 months ago, I lost power and went into limp mode after accelerating quickly. I assumed I had collapsed the air cleaner or something (that used to happen on my old powerstroke). So, the next morning, I changed air cleaner and also fuel filter. Everything worked fine. About 2 months ago, it happened again. After being parked, it was fine for a while, then began

dmaxalliTech
08-23-2003, 22:57
John, I would be interested in seeing Tech-2 data while its acting up.. Maybe a trip up north is in your future!

John Mabee
08-24-2003, 13:20
I wouldn't mind getting away from the heat for a while... Is there an easy way to get tech2 data? or do I have to have a GM dx computer? I've had it back 2 days now, and whitish smoke continues, and it pings instead of knocking... It IS running better than it was.

If I ask the tech guy here if he has a record of the data, would that be helpful?

Thanks alot!
See'ya,
John