PDA

View Full Version : exhaust

jsa
09-02-2003, 18:14
Who makes the loudest exhaust for a DURAMAX?
Anybody heard the kennedy 5 inch?

DmaxMaverick
09-02-2003, 19:51
The loudest exaust is a straight pipe, whichever aftermarket kit you put on. Cheaper, too.

jsa
09-03-2003, 18:20
How is the power gain with a straight pipe

WhiteDuramax
09-07-2003, 10:55
Your not going to gain much power from exhaust, maybe a little. You will get cooler egts and the turbo seems to spool up a little quicker. I have had factory strait piped and now I have 4" strait piped, the noise difference isnt very much between the two. I have heard one truck with a 5" tailpipe, it did sound a little bit different.

MAV
09-07-2003, 16:59
My 2500HD is straight piped currently. Its alot louder towing compared to the 4" on my 3500. Not towing it sounds good I think.

Just came out of Green Bay on Hwy 29 this afternoon and pulled up next to a white 03 D/A ECSB like mine. His was a Chev though. We worked through traffic and I could see that he had a banks 5" tip and pillar gauges. We both stomped on it at 55 and were within a fender the whole time. I was only on a Quad 90 hp. Don't know what he had. It sounded like his truck hit the rev limiter when it was next to me then he let off. Don't know. Just sounded wierd. If you read the board, speak up Chevy driver. It was a fun race.

Bill Harper
09-11-2003, 20:42
I live in Green Bay, and the truck that Mav describes sound like mine, but I do not have a 5" exhaust system nor gauge pillars yet, I am waiting fot the Attitude to hit the market, a long wait at that it has been. Mav I work at the chev dealership on the East side of Green Bay, and I know a lot of the trucks around Green Bay, and have not seen this one yet. I am a beg truck and automobile enthusiast, and would also like to see this truck that you were toying with. Maybe I will see you around sometime, as I am originally from Minocqua and travel there often.