PDA

View Full Version : ahpilot

BigDog1
09-08-2003, 07:27
Hey buddy
I will be meeting with a guy named Bob Whitney on 1 Oct in Daleville. Where can I stay ($40-$50 per night)while I am in town? Lets get together and do lunch that week. Perhaps we will work together soon!!

a64pilot
09-08-2003, 09:53
The two that I would suggest are The green House (334)598-1475. Kinda ratty, but cheap, wouldn't put the family there, full of bachelor construction workers etc. Or Daleville inn (334)598-4451 Old but nicer, some people live there for extended times, harder to get. I would call them now. I stayed in the Surburban lodge in Dothan until I bought a house and moved family etc. Daleville Inn had no vacancies.
Realize that the maintenance contract for Ft. Rucker is up for bid. Most people think that ATS (aviation technical services) will win. ATS is a conglomeration between Boeing and Computer sciences cooperation. Whoever wins it won't be Dyncorp as they really won't exist after Oct. 1
Don't know who Bob Whitney is. David Helton was head of personell when I hired on. David has retired now.
My work number if I can help is (334) 255-8110. My name is Jody.
Kinda hesitant handing out the work number, but I've been where you are and didn't like it and hope I can help.
BTW, I included the info on the contract so you would know that any promises anyone makes before say the 19 of Sept. or so may not be very good. My understanding is that the contract will be awarded on 16 sept, we would find out who wins before 19 sept and it becomes effective on 1 oct.