PDA

View Full Version : HYPERTECH POWER PERFORMANCE

BIGGAR
09-26-2003, 07:07
I HAVE TALKED TO A COUPLE OF GUYS WHO HAVE INSTALLED THE HYPERTECH COMPUTOR ON THERE DURAMAXE, THEY SAY ITS BEEN GREAT. ADDED POWER AND THROTLE RESPONSE. ALSO ABLE TO CHANGE TIRE SIZE TO TRUCK COMPUTOR WITH IT.
WOULD LIKE MORE FEED BACK ON THIS

Sandaholic
10-01-2003, 13:49
I been using the hypertech programmer for a few months now. I purchased it mainly for the ability to adjust for tire size. The tire size adjustment works great, I checked mine with GPS and is very accurate. I keep mine on power level 1. Power increase is definitely noticeable and I would imagine the other levels would be even more noticeable. I don't think the overall performance level will be good as the other programmers such as the juice. From what I understand the juice starts building more power in the lower rpms. For the price and the easy programming with tire adjustment, you can't beat it.

ACCRASH
10-02-2003, 05:45
I also have a Hypertech and also primarily have it for the ability to recalibrate the speedo. Have not tried any of the performance tunes yet as I have the hot juice on my truck and am leary of stacking them against a stock transmission. I can say that it was simple enough to use and pretty accurate on the speedometer. My gps shows it off by only about 1/2 mph and I could probably get it closer by adjusting tire size another 1/4" on the hypertech. Overall, it seems to be a decent product at a reasonable price.

Chuck

BIGGAR
10-02-2003, 07:12
THANKS GUYS; I WENT A HEAD AND INSTALLED IT, LIKE YOU SAID FOR THE TIRE AJUSTMENT, BUT ALSO PUT IT ON THE NUMBER 2 SETTING. HAS MADE A BIG DIFFERENCE AT LOW END. IS QUICKER AND MORE RESPONSIVE. NOT LOOKING TO MAKE IT A BURN RUBBER MACHINE BUT I AM HAPPY WITH THE EXTRA H.P. SO FAR NO NASTY MESSAGES BACK FROM THE COMPUTOR. WAS A LITTLE WORRIED ABOUT DOING THE BOOST WITH ONLY 4000MI BUT A COUPLE OF GUYS OUT HERE DID IT TO THERE 2002'S RIGHT OFF THE FLOOR AND SAID NO PROBLEMS.