PDA

View Full Version : Coolant Leak around Injectors

AbqGeorge
09-30-2002, 21:45
Well, good news of a sort. Chris (chuntag95) over on rv.net finally got his "low coolant" situation fixed. They replaced the injector seals on cylinders 2, 3, and 4. The "wet" compression test was A OK.

More Power
10-01-2002, 10:20
Coincidentally, a new Duramax tech story will appear in the Member's Area on the 15th that includes several photos and an explanation concerning injector cup seal problems. Also included is info about how to troubleshoot/repair them.

I had an opportunity a while ago to shoot some photos of an affected truck/engine and talk to the dealer technician involved in the repair.

MP

chuntag95
10-02-2002, 15:01
Hey, just joined and saw my name :D Just some more info. I changed the oil and sent it off for analysis to see if the coolant/water was getting down there. Strangest thing, my mileage seems to be much better now that I am only burning diesel without coolant/water. :rolleyes: I saw the injector tube, but since it was stuck, I didn't get to see inside the head. I am looking forward to reading that article and seeing the pictures. If I can find it, that is. tongue.gif