PDA

View Full Version : Cleaned Amzoil Air Filter

deerhunter7
10-01-2002, 12:52
When I pulled the filter out it did not look bad.
Decided to clean any way before winter. Man the fine sediment in bottom of bucket. I would say this filter is doing its job.Dried and reoiled ready to roll.. tongue.gif

PEANUTGRWR
10-01-2002, 17:15
ALL I CAN SAY IS DONT USE GAS TO CLEAN IT!!!!! :eek:

mackin
10-01-2002, 17:27
Diesel fuel or kero......

Hey PEANUTGRWER a big HOWDIE TO YOU !!!!!! KIAASBC right back at you......Where you been on a little SABATICAL ?????? Some R and R ?????

MAC :D ;)

Luis
10-01-2002, 17:49
Let's hear some different methods used for cleaning the Amsoil filter. I love the filter but hate the cleaning time, etc. I install a paper filter while cleaning the Amsoil, just incase I have to run out somewhere. It's a pain in the @$$. Any ideas would be great! Thanks in advance.........

LanduytG
10-01-2002, 18:47
This is how I tell all my customers to clean the filter.

Get a container big enough to put the filter in. Run fairly hot warm into container with a generous amout of dish soup in it. Put the filter in the container and let soak for 15-30 minutes. This will help cut lose any tuff stuff. Now take the palm of your hand and pump water through it. You will see the junk come out of it. Now you really need to do this till the water does not seem to change anymore, once you have reached that point rince in clear water. Now this is a very importent part, make sure you let it dry completely before re-oiling. When it comes time to re-oil just lay it on a flat sureface and run a bead of oil across the filter. Now work that oil in with the palm of your had, repeat this process till oil begins to come through the other side. When done right you should get 2-3 oilings out of one 8oz bottle of foam filter oil.

As stated above never use anything but soap and water to clean the Amsoil foam filter. You might get by with solvents a couple of times but then you will be buying a new filter.
Greg

PEANUTGRWR
10-01-2002, 19:43
HEY MAC, WHATS UP????? I TOOK A FEW DAYS OFF AND WENT DOWN SOUTH :cool: BUT IM BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND NOW :D OH YEA, I ALMOST FORGOT ----A BIG 10-4 ON KIAASBC

[ 10-01-2002: Message edited by: PEANUTGRWR ]</p>

Pizza Man
10-01-2002, 20:12
I'm with Luis....
In fact my paper one is still in...I don't really notice a difference without the amsoil filter in. I put in the paper so the amsoil one would have time to dry with intentions of putting the amsoil back in.

Russ Denman
10-01-2002, 22:52
How are you getting the things dry and how dry is dry? I squeezed it out with a towel, shook it to get any residual water out, left it over night and could still bang a little moisture out.

What is the impact of a little water in the filter?