PDA

View Full Version : Who is cutting the oil filters open?

pepperidge
06-28-2002, 19:43
Went to the lube place last week and let them use my ac/champion/isuzu/o.e.m.filter

They gave me the filter that they would have used.
It is a Mighty Engine Guard II oil filter part
#M2999 The lube shops supplier of these filters say they are made by Champion Laboratories without me telling them. Same manufacturer as the oem filter, just re-boxed and labled. the only noticable difference without cutting it open is that the o.e.m. has the suuared off edges at the end without the threads.

If whoever (sorry bad memory)is cutting and checking these out would like. I will ship it to you if you can't find it locally. I'd kinda like to know if it's up to par.
"On edit" they claim Nascar usage their web site is http://mightyautoparts.com/

Thanks,

[ 06-28-2002: Message edited by: pepperidge ]</p>

IndigoDually
06-29-2002, 16:26
Mdrag has pics on his site of a few different filters cut open. I'd try contacting him for any questions.

John

pepperidge
06-29-2002, 18:44
Indigo,

He e-mailed me yesterday,

Thanks

01_Duramax_Dually
06-30-2002, 22:24
I routinely cut my oil filters. To date the best filter I have seen(internal wise) is WIX. The AC filter is OK but Wix has appx 25% more filter paper surface area. I have not cut an Amsoil unit but heard they are very good. I am waiting for K&N to release their GOLD filter. I use those on the race car and they are excellent.

pepperidge
07-01-2002, 13:19
Okay here it is straight from their tech guy,

Paul,

Mighty's M2999 is manufactured by Champion Laboratories. Through proper use and application, all Mighty filters manufactured by Champion Laboratories, Inc., will provide filtration that meets the needs of the equipment on which they are installed and will not void nor compromise the original equipment manufacturer's engine warranty. Mighty filters are tested in accordance with SAE test procedures and meet all new vehicle manufacturer's warranty requirements.

Jesse A. (Brad) Bradshaw
Mighty Distributing System of America
650 Engineering Drive
Norcross, Georgia 30092
770-448-3900

After an ispection of the inside of the filter , If it looks to be the same as the O.E.M Champion filter then I will let them install this one at the lube shop. .Lube oil and filter change with Mobil Delvac 1 5w40 and the works car wash thrown in for free w syn oil chg. onl $80 not bad for not having to get dirty. They also will send the oil out for analysis. Will probably get that done next time.
smile.gif