PDA

View Full Version : Electrical problem... answers?

Alli-max
06-28-2002, 21:49
Well, on my way to work today, the battery indicator was on. So, I proceeded to Autozone for the free batt / alt. test. They said the primary batt was weak, but the secondary and the alt was fine. I hate doing this, but I went to Sears to get a diehard Gold battery. (talking about going one place for testing, then another for the product).

Well, my truck is CURRENTLY sitting in the drive with a charger on it. Wont start right now. Anybody have a clue? It tries to turn over, but their seems to be a "leak" somewhere.

NJDMAX
06-28-2002, 22:13
Alli-Max,
I remember someone having problems with the alarm system,keeping the truck from starting. Maybe yours is acting up? Try to lock and unlock truck with your remote/or key. Hope this helps,good luck.
Tom

mdrag
06-28-2002, 22:44
Alli-max,

Are you using terminal extensions on either battery for accesory power? I found that with some of them the bolts are just a tad too long, and even though the bolt is tight the battery cable does not make good contact. I had this happen to me after I had my alarm installed - the PS battery was not holding a chagre. I kept checking the terminals and they were all tight - but the battery ground cable could be wiggled and was making intermittent contact.

I rememeber a previous post where a sticking A/C relay was running down the battery. It took a few trips to the dealer to find the problem.

I would check the fluid level in the new battery (if possible) and test the new battery. Also check your frig....

Good luck.

stretch
06-29-2002, 05:46
I guess you are out of the warrenty period .... :confused:

mackin
06-29-2002, 07:11
Hope you can find your problem , but you should of know it was gonna happen , I mean once you put a "GUTTER" on your truck , things are about to go down the "DRAIN" from here on out ..... :rolleyes:

MAC :D