PDA

View Full Version : How to put in a grill?

Budd
12-16-2003, 22:07
Hey guys need some help here. I have a '99 k3500 with the sealed beam headlights. (A old work truck) I don't like the fact that there are not that many sealed beam light makers. I know that I could convert the sealed beams to accept H4 lights, but I would also like to put a SS cold front on my truck to help with heat loss in the winter. How difficult would it be to change the grill on my truck? Would I be able to use existing mounts or will it take some fabrication? thanks for the help.
Budd

Bobbie Martin
12-17-2003, 05:14
I would urge you to reconsider and fit some Cibie lights, but if you want to change to the composite lights & grille, it's not a problem. All the holes should be there. You will need the complete light assemblies, grille, turn signals, etc. There are a pair of additional parking lights on the chrome grille. If you want to use them, you will have to splice the wires. I went from the chrome to the sealed beam grille and was able to use the turn signal wires without modification, so I would think you could do the same. There is a filler panel at the bottom of the grille. Its painted the body color on the chrome grille, but is the grille color with the sealed beam grille. They are interchangeable except for color so you may have to paint yours.

jspringator
12-17-2003, 16:44
Lots of guys are fitting your grill to their truck so they can fit e-code headlights on them. I might trade you if you are so inclined.