PDA

View Full Version : Dealers for DMAX in TX

WayCoolKennel
07-02-2002, 14:27
Anyone have any decent dealers in Texas for a smokin deal on a DMAX...

Thought I had a truck bought... then found out the dealer in AZ had planned on trading another dealer for the truck I wanted.. well guess what.. that dealer didn't have the truck on the lot...

So.. I'm back to the drawing board... unless that truck suddenly shows up at that dealers lot... I figure I'll look around anyway..

Anyone hear what the incentives will be for July ??

TFH,

--Steve

DOH ! Almost forgot.. there is only ONE truck in the state of AZ and NM that is what I'm looking for.. 2500 ext cab LWB 4x4 D/A and WHITE is GOOD. According to a friend that did a search.. there's some in TX.. thus the post ala TX

[ 07-02-2002: Message edited by: WayCoolKennel ]

[ 07-02-2002: Message edited by: WayCoolKennel ]</p>

tmg115
07-02-2002, 15:22
Go to James wood in decator texas. thats were i got mine and they treated me very well. they also gave me a great deal. the are out in the country so they have tons of dmax's.

also try jerry's in weatherford. my folks bought there suburban there and they were very happy with the service. they will deal on truck and they are very nice. they are also out in the country and have tons of trucks.

so try thoughs 2 places. they will deal on there trucks.

afp
07-02-2002, 15:24
Ibought mine form Forrest Chevrolet in Cleburne, TX. They had three Crew Cab 2500 HD/Dmax/Allison/4x4, plus some non 4x4 rigs. Ask for Chris Houston. (800) 826-6604.

Blaine

walkerkd
07-02-2002, 15:42
I got mines at Jerrys in weatheford.. all the woods family are good place to go.
they are all bothers and stuff. have some of the best deals around.

WayCoolKennel
07-02-2002, 16:10
Ok boys ! Your doing GOOD !

Just got off the phone with Chris in Cleburne.. Good man.. somethin to be said about he state of TEXAS
:D

Chris has what I'm looking for just not in white.. which I can probably live with.. I'll just have to have my dog box painted to match :rolleyes:

White just works well here in the desert .. doesn't show the scratches so much :D

Haven't talked to Jerry's yet.. but maybe tomorrow.. see if they have it in white...

You guys kick A$$ !

--Steve

TBC
07-02-2002, 19:35
Check Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine, TX and Durant in Granbury. They are owned by the same person. They are good to deal with. The saleman pretty much controls the deal. None of this running back and forth to the manager for approval. I have bought 3 vehicles from Classic including my Duramax. They have lots of trucks in both locations. White is a popular color here because of the heat, kinda like AZ. See Bucky Davis at Classic.

Russ Denman
07-02-2002, 20:04
Use GM BuyPower (www.gmbuypower.com) and the USPS Zip Code lookup (http://www.usps.com/ncsc/lookups/lookup_ctystzip.html)

Heavy Duty Neil
07-02-2002, 20:54
Also try these places:

Bayer Motors in Comanche, zip code 76442, 1-800-843-5230, www.bayermotor.com - talk to Marty Roberts. Most of their Dmax trucks they have advertised with us are marked down $5000 or more off the window sticker. Small town dealer, but has tons of trucks! I bought my 1500HD there for $4500 off the sticker. smile.gif

Lawrence Hall in Abilene, zip 79601, 1-800-568-7158, www.lawrencehall.com - Dennis Brewster & Mike Calvert are the sales managers. This place has a 30+ acre covered lot. Last year they had over 40 Dmax trucks sitting all in a row. It was a beautiful sight! :D

Good luck!

Silver Bullet
07-02-2002, 21:24
WayCoolKennel,
I would try Amarillo or Lubbuck...IMHO white truck country.

Hey PEANUTGRWR - Know of any dealers your way he can contact???

PEANUTGRWR
07-02-2002, 23:32
NO NONE THAT I WOULD RECOMEND ANYWAY

walkerkd
07-03-2002, 07:17
Do not go to lynn smith! those sob's treated me like Sh%#... even talked about my trade in. rude as hell. i would have bought a chevy from them left there and went to Jerrys and got mines.

Dave_WB3FYV
07-03-2002, 09:29
I agree on the lousy treatment from lynn smith!
Got mine from Moritz in Fort Worth, with the internet deal from gmbuypower.com, no hassle - good treatment - had what I wanted on the lot and were generally pretty good to talk to.
Jerry's in Weatherford ONLY had white trucks, about 20 Dmax's late last year. Good selection of options, just not colorful.
Got my '93 from Durant in Granbury, didn't have many dmax's when I was shopping so couldn't do it again. Salesmen there was pretty sharp, knew about the Allison tranny slipping in 5th, seems the locals hook up a 30 foot trailer with 25,000 pounds of hamburger on the hoof to haul to market and experienced the tranny problem at 75mph on the highway!!!
Any of these places would probably do you good.

WayCoolKennel
07-03-2002, 09:44
Rock on.. !

I'm working the phones right now... waiting for inventory check from Jerry's ...

Thanks for the heads up on Smith's... don't need any part of that deal ;)

Let you guys know how it turns out !

--Steve

tmg115
07-03-2002, 09:54
DO NOT GO TO FRANK PARA!!! they screwed me on a deal there. in others words they sold a truck that i had all ready bought!!! Hey call James Wood up they are really nice to talk to. call bobby duck. he sold me my truck and did a great job. they were really nice to work with.

walkerkd
07-03-2002, 10:20
yea Kevin Sabastin over at Jerrys is awsesome hes called me off and on since i bought my rig. real good people over there..

DucksnDiesel
07-03-2002, 11:26
Try Graff Chevrolet in Grand Prairie (972-343-1200) (Zip Code 75050). They were great to deal with.

Also try El Dorado Chevrolet in McKinney. They were helpful on the phone, just did not have the right color.

Avoid (at all costs) Vandergriff Chevrolet in Arlington.

tmg115
07-03-2002, 11:30
yes Vandergriff Chevrolet in Arlington sucks. all they want is to sell you something at the highest price and they will do anything to sell it.

i know they tried to sell a 16 year old a brand new trucl. lol what abunch of morons.

WayCoolKennel
07-03-2002, 11:43
Well.. I'm REAL CLOSE !

Looks like Chris in Cleaburne has got the deal about sewed up !

AFP, when I get the deal closed... Chris will be calling you :)

You done GOOD !!

--Steve

DURA-MAX3
07-03-2002, 16:26
I can get you one pretty close to cost, one of my motorcycle buds owns a dealership in oklahoma. i got mine for cost last year when nobody would deal on them. smile.gif