PDA

View Full Version : 03' Chevy and GMC on the lot

turbo6600
07-02-2002, 20:51
Got a call from my dealer today he told me he had two 03'HD's in Stock one D-max/Allison other a 6000. I have to tell you I went and looked at them and I don't know what the H*** chevrolet was thinking when they decided to TOTALLY screw up the perfect front end. On the other hand This is the first time in years GMC has made the most awesome looking truck over Chevy! Just my 2 cents worth . The tailights on the chevy look like crap to but not the GMC . And I'm a total BOWTIE FREAK. Interiors are alot better for comfort and such . Turbo 6600

mackin
07-02-2002, 21:00
I've been stalking my dealer looking for one to see...... Not yet ..... It will be awhile before I'm ready to up.For I'm still overly enthused with mine,what a great truck..... So I'll hope for changes for the better..... Or I'll be Nutnbut'tin it too........
Cause your right they look good compared to Chevy.......

MAC :D

NutNbutGMC
07-02-2002, 21:04
=======> NutNbutGMC <========

gregmican
07-03-2002, 16:40
Hey Turbo 6600, what size are your tires on your pickup? I'm thinking of putting some new rubber on my wheels, and I like the way yours look. I have the same factory wheels as you. Did you crank on the torsion bars any? I gave mine a few cranks just to level the truck out.

Chris N5CWM
07-05-2002, 09:44
I'm stalking GMC lots locally as well. :D

When I bought my '94 K2500 6.5TD 4x4, the GMC
front end was YUCK-O and Chevy was the way to
go for me. Funny how it's the other way around
now. Just the other day I was checking out
EBAY Motors for 6.5 Suburbans and there was a
nice GMC 2500 6.5TD but the front end is homely!

If the new GMC front end is as good as it looks
in the spy photos I've seen, and they come with
dual zone A/C & heat, radio controls on the
steering wheel, multi-function trip computer
and better sounding stereo, my Dodge RAM 2500
ISB might be looking for a new home. (I said
MIGHT) ;)

GMC-2002-Dmax
07-05-2002, 10:25
GMC or Chevy??????,

Personally the '01's and '02's looked good no matter what you bought. It's what you like better.

I am partial to GMC's, always have been. I like the look of the grill without a dividing bar better. Plus I like the sleeker, low lines of the hood.

Just my opinion though!!!!

Anyway I always though the Avalanche was a little too much front end and way to much PLASTIC, but hey GM sold a ton of them.

I guess I can count myself really lucky like the rest of the '01 & '02 owners.

WE GOT SOME PRETTY AWSOME LOOKING AND POWERFUL RIGS AND I AM NOT INTERESTED IN TRADING UP FOR A GOOD LONG TIME!!!!!!

Just My .02 cents

Good Luck to all,

GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.!!!!!!!!!!

GMC :D

markson
07-05-2002, 18:05
Hey Chris,

Wiesner GMC in Conroe just received their first (2) 2003 2500HD trucks today...I was getting my oil changed when the car hauler rolled in and dropped them off..Not too bad looking really...The interior is a lot different, but I did not get to sit in one because they needed to process the trucks...

Chris N5CWM
07-05-2002, 18:58
Thanks markson! That is where I do my "lot browsing"
and where I bought the Yukon XL. Went by there on
the 4th. Now maybe I'll have to make another pass
tonight. ;)

If I luck out they will have a RARE ZF 6 speed DMAX
in white then the Dodge may be a gonner.. :D

KompressorMan
07-05-2002, 20:55
I went by my GMC dealer July 5th. asking about the 03's and they said late August. Are they just trying to get rid of the 10 or so 02's they have on the lot now? Also, July 5th. is my truck's birthday, 35,776 miles and now it's in the hospital for a week. No fuel injectors to be found anywhere. And I only need one.

Chris N5CWM
07-05-2002, 22:44
Yes! Weisner GMC in Conroe has em! I looked at a
white shortbed extended cab D/A 4x4. Nice changes
to the interior like dual zone heat & A/C, Delco
BOSE stereo with radio controls on the steering
wheel. No window sticker on the truck so I don't
know what options it had. The truck still hadn't
been prepped, had lots of parts in plastic bags
on the floors and seats (center caps, floor mats).

Have to go back in a few days for a test drive and
get some pics.

;)

Spud
07-06-2002, 21:54
I went to Beaty chevrolet in Knoxville TN and they had 2003 2500HD reg. cab. I did not like the front end. I wish someone would give me a reason why chevrolet decided to make the HD's look like the half tons. The only reason I have gotten so far is it is easier to use all the same parts. IF that is so why did they not make the HD's look like the 1500's when they came out. I have always wanted the HD to look different and Finally they did it. I was so excited. Now in just two years they are changing them to back to look like the 1500's. It is just like the mirrors, it seems they don't do any kind of research on what the public wants. From what I have seen of the new towing mirrors they are not any better that what we already have. From the pics I have seen even though they extend they don't even have a convex in them. (Sorry to get off on the mirrors). Maybe they don't see that ford is selling a lot of superduties and a big reason is they don't look like the f150. I guess gm was selling too many HD's and the public was getting what they wanted so they decided to go and change things. I do agree it was time for a change on the 1500's but not on the HD's. I like a truck to look like a tuff truck and the 03 Hd's DO NOT. Would someone please explain to me what GM is thinking.

P.S. To top it all off the salesman were leaning all over it like it was the best thing since sliced bread and they didn't seem to notice that on one side it said 2500 and the other side it said 2500HD. At least put the right lables on the truck.

Spud

BowTieDmax
07-07-2002, 07:50
I agree with SPUD. Thats why I went and bought an HD. Man I sure like GM but sometimes it really makes you wonder why they try so hard to ruin a good thing !!

turbo6600
07-07-2002, 20:32
Hey Gregmican sorry for the delay on the reply. the tires in that picture are 265/75/16 And Just leveled up the torsion bars like yourself. Then I changed to 285/75/16 and they fit like a charm . Turbo6600